*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060014-Your-Redemption-Draweth-Nigh
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Emotional · #2307137
A hamlet in a remote region of its island country experiences the effects of the Rapture.
#1060014 added January 4, 2024 at 2:12am
Restrictions: None
Your Redemption Draweth Nigh
Per Governor Wisdom's instructions, the residents of the beautiful valley continued to do their work underground. B. East soon wearied of finding any residents on Mercy Island as he became preoccupied with matters of worldwide import, the growing call for battle in the Valley of Meggido in Israel.

Armies from around the world exercised daily in preparation for the March to Meggido as many of the armies were calling this anticipated activity. Mostly using dummy rounds the armies carried out what amounted to play practice to be ready for the upcoming battle, but some armies started using live rounds in this practice phase, and some unsuspecting soldiers fell down dead, due to friendly fire.

Governor Wisdom kept the citizenry apprised of the activities around the world but urged them to continue with their daily responsibilities to keep the island functioning and joyful.

"What should be our response to world unrest?" Bud asked.

"You must continue to be servants of the great King, trusting Him to have our best interest at heart, ready to move in His service whenever, wherever, and however He may order us to serve Him."

"Yes, Sir. Will do," Bud said. Bud continued to grow his crops underground under the grow lamps, watering the plants regularly, deadheading the spent blooms, and feeding the main plants.

The livestock was exercised, and the dairy cattle were milked as daily sameness became in itself the preparation for the war to end all wars in the Final Victory of Jesus Messiah, the Son of the Living God.

The gardens on the surface of Mercy Island were allowed to go to waste as they no doubt would naturally, and little by little the drones flew over the growing wasteland of the surface fewer and fewer times. Their secret was kept for the time being, but the malaise of the world grew more and more intense as every day passed.

The residents of the former Island of Nevermore couldn't shake their curiosity, regarding the lack of the hybrid creatures, that caused them such pain on their old home island. "How is it that hybrid creatures, sea crocodiles, meteors, and earthquakes don't bother us on Mercy Island?" Bud asked the Governor.

"Your eyes may not yet be tuned to the realm of the spirit, but some of the Lord's finest angels guard our perimeter, personally, as others fly above, and still others guard us from beneath the island. Nothing evil, untoward, and unbidden by the Lord Himself may touch this island to do us harm," Governor Wisdom said. "When it is time for us to join forces with The Lord Jesus, and His Heavenly entourage, then the command will be given, and I will let you know. We may not have a long time to prepare, but we will be prepared, and our Messiah will end victorious. That is already prescribed. For now, maintain your posts, care for the plants and animals in your charge, and wait peacefully for further instructions."

Bud called in Jerome, George, Rich, and now Grady. "Men, I keep hearing about a battle in the Valley (or Vale) of Meggido. Find a Bible, and learn all you can about Meggido. I want to have a leg up on what comes next."

"Got it, Chief," Jerome said. "We're on it. Chief, I've been searching, and have found a number of references to Meggido in the Bible, I've found items of taxation, homes, and people, who died in Meggido, but as yet I don't see why that should be a great site for a battle, but I'll keep looking."

"You're doing a great job, Jerome," Bud said. "Please, stay at it. I'm sure you'll find something of importance in time."

"I think I just did, Chief," Jerome said.

"What is it, Jerome?" Bud asked. "That was quick."

"Revelation 16 talks about a place, called Armaggedon," Jerome said. "I wonder if there is any connection between the Valley of Meggido and Armaggedom?"

"Could be," Bud said. "Let's read the chapter."

"'And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth. And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image,' This is Revelation 16, verses 1 & 2," Jerome said. "There's a connection between the people, who've been tattooed by B. East, and the sores they experience at the pouring of the first vial of the Wrath of God."

"There's no connection to Meggido, yet," Bud said, " but there is a painful connection with the mark of the beast. Keep going."

"'And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea,'" Jerome read. "I remember something about blood and the death of the sea creatures, Chief."

"Logged and noted, Jerome," Bud said. "For now, we'll keep reading."

"Verses 4 through 7 look to be more of the same, 'And the third angel poured out his vial upon the rivers and fountains of waters; and they became blood. And I heard the angel of the waters say, Thou art righteous, O Lord, which art, and wast, and shalt be, because thou hast judged thus. For they have shed the blood of saints and prophets, and thou hast given them blood to drink; for they are worthy. And I heard another out of the altar say, Even so, Lord God Almighty, true and righteous are thy judgments.'" Jerome read. "There's agreement between the angels and the Lord. Humans killed 'saints and prophets,' and the Lord gave them blood to drink because 'they are worthy.' Could that mean, 'That's just what they deserve?'"

"I think so," Bud said. "The Lord's Judgments seem very harsh at this point, but maybe that's because I'm not the judge in this case, and I don't know the backstory, the extenuating circumstances, and because I don't have God's perspective. He's the Only One, Who can judge rightly in this case."

"Good points, Chief," Jerome said. "Let's keep going. 'And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire. And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.' The fourth vial was poured out on the sun, which increased its percentage of heat to the Earth. People were scorched. I wonder if that's what we experienced on Nevermore Island."

"I think what we experienced was to a lesser degree," Bud said. "This appears to be future tense to us right now. In other words, 'You ain't seen nothing, yet.'"

"Dear God, be merciful!" Jerome exclaimed.

"I agree with that," Bud said. "What's next?"

"The fifth angel," Jerome said, "'And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain, And blasphemed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds.'"

"We should keep close tabs on the activities of B. East," Bud said. "Looks like the Lord's about to put the thumb on him and his seat of power. Maybe that's the catalyst for the upcoming conflict."

"Whatever it is. It will, no doubt, be painful," Jerome said. "Look at that, will you? They 'gnawed their tongues for pain, blasphemed, and repented not (didn't change their minds.)' That is one stubborn lot of people."

"I heard that, " Bud said, "I wonder what will ultimately bring the armies of the world to the Valley of Meggido?"

"This might do it, Chief," Jerome said. "Listen to this. 'And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.' The Euphrates River is the largest river in between Israel and Iraq, Iran, and China. Can you imagine the size of the army, that can walk to Israel from the Far East to do battle in The Valley of Meggido?"

"That is major big time," Bud said.

"Oh. My. Goodness," Jerome said.

"What!" Bud shouted.

"This is how it has to happen," Jerome said. "'And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.' Unclean spirits, like frogs come out of the unholy trinity of the devil, and his two highest accomplices. These unclean spirits go from the unholy trinity to go into the kings of the Earth to draw them into battle, no doubt, in the Valley of Meggido."

"The pattern is all coming together in Revelation 16," Bud said. "Anything else?"

"Verse 15 is a warning to us, The Elect, not to be fooled," Jerome said, "'And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.'

"Who does the 'he' refer to, Jerome?" Bud asked. "Do you know?"

"Verse #16, that I just read seems to have its antecedent in verse #15, which I didn't read," Jerome said, "but here is that verse. 'Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.'"

"The 'I" in 15 and the 'he' in 16 appears to be the same person," Bud said. "The Lord Jesus, maybe?"

"Quite possibly," Jerome said. "Uh Oh."

"What Uh Oh?" Bud asked.

"The action surrounding the great battle of Armageddon seems to stop at verse #17," Jerome said. "This is how it reads, 'And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.'

"I see what you mean, Jerome," Bud said. "'It is done' is basically what Jesus said as His last words on the cross. He said, 'It is finished.' What does this mean, then? The angel poured his vial 'into the air,' which was followed by 'a great voice.' Does that mean the battle was done at that point?"

"Let's read on," Jerome said, "'And there were voices, and thunders, and lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.' Chief, we've experienced earthquakes, but not so much thunder and lightning."

"True that," Bud nodded.

"Verse #19 once, again states, 'the wine of the fierceness of His Wrath,'" Jerome said. "Look at this in verse #20. 'And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.'"

"Well, our island surely fled away, and though not exactly a mountain, the plateau of the church property has yet to be found, again," Bud said.

"Verse 21 is certainly recognizable," Jerome said. "'And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.' The size of that hail. They certainly rival the meteors we experienced on Nevermore Island."

"I can certainly agree with that," Bud said.

"Chief, I just lost the trail in chapter #16," Jerome said. "Something about a battle, but I don't see anything more about it."

"That's fine, Jerome," Bud said. "Take a breather. Come with me to the garden in the grow cave. No need to think anymore about it for the moment. When you're rested, then come back to the Bible. Read, again, as you would read any other book. You may find, that the answer will come to you in another chapter in the Book of Revelation. I need a breather, too. I'd like to go check on the peanuts. Peanuts are a wonderful crop with many uses. You know that, right?"

"I do," Jerome said, "George Washington Carver is a proud treasure of my heritage. He found over 300 products, that can be made from peanuts. I'd like to see what you're doing with the peanuts, Chief. Maybe I can help you grow them. I'd like to think I could be a significant part of its grand and glorious history."

"Be my guest, Jerome," Bud said. "You know you are my friend, too, right? You're not simply a support officer. Besides, those titles haven't meant nearly as much on Mercy Island as they did on Nevermore Island."

"I know, Bud," Jerome said, "I feel friendship with you, too."

Wandering through the peanut fields provided a healing balm for both Bud and Jerome. An hour later they said, "Let's read more of the Bible." They smiled and headed back to the place where they left the Bible.

"I'll read ahead, Bud," Jerome said. "I hope to find where the trail picks up again."

"Fair enough," Bud said. "Enjoy your reading."

"I found it, Bud. Oh. I found it!" Jerome shouted.

"What? Where? Tell me," Bud said.

"It was three chapters later in Revelation 19," Jerome said as his eyes danced for joy. "Verses 11 through 14, 'And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.'. The rider on the white horse. His name is 'Faithful and True.' He has the right to judge and make war. He has fiery eyes. He has many crowns on his head. This has to be Jesus Himself. He has an unknowable name. He wears a blood-red robe. His name is The Word of God. The armies of Heaven are following Him. They are on white horses, too. They're all clothed in the whiteness of cleanliness and purity."

"What else did you learn, Jerome?" Bud asked.

"This chapter requires some reading between the lines," Jerome said. "Why are the armies of Heaven following Him? Apparently, they are headed to the battle of Armageddon. Verses 15 & 16 read this way, 'And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.' Nobody following the Lord Jesus has to fight because He is 'cleaning house' with the sharp sword, which is coming out of His Mouth. Nobody can touch Him. He's killing all of His enemies. Apparently, the Lord Jesus is so good at the battle, that the angels have to call the birds to eat the flesh, and clean up the mess as scavengers. B. East, the false prophet, and everyone, that took the mark of the beast will all be arrested and thrown 'into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.' The scene of the Valley of Meggido as Armageddon will, no doubt, be overwhelming on that day. The Lord has protected us from getting the mark of the beast. The Lord, instead, has shown us, that we are the chosen, His Elect. I'm sorry, Bud, but I'm stumbling over my words right now because I have so much to say so quickly."

"Take your time, Jerome. It's okay."

"I couldn't find it in Revelation 19, but I seem to recall reading somewhere over these past six years, that when the Lord Jesus defeated the armies of the Earth, and the birds came as scavengers, the blood was up to the horses' bridles. The Lord killed so many enemies, that there was an actual lake of blood in the Valley of Meggido. I can't comprehend it all, but Armageddon will be devastating for people, who are not of The Elect."

"You've convinced me, Jerome," Bud said. "When you find that passage, that talks about the horses' bridles, you can show me then, but I believe you, brother. You're doing some excellent research."

"Let's get some supper, and let the Lord settle these studies into our hearts."

"I'm with you, Bud."


Here is yet another signature, that has been provided for me by my good friends, WS & GG.
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
© Copyright 2024 Jay O'Toole (UN: 777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jay O'Toole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060014-Your-Redemption-Draweth-Nigh