*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
28
30
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060074-Dr-Ben-Carson-on-C-span
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#1060074 added November 25, 2023 at 4:18am
Restrictions: None
Dr Ben Carson on C-span


I watched Dr Ben Carson on C-span. If you can find his speech online, either to read or watch on video, I suggest that you do. Dr Carson is a brilliant man.

He talked about the importance of making sure that you positively affect your sphere of influence. He's right, and I have heard multiple people talk about this in recent weeks.

At church, we cannot be just pew sitterrs, even if we have retired from work. I have never seen in the Bible that we are supposed to retire from being an active Christian. Perhaps we have to do different tasks for the Lord as we age. I'm always reminded about a woman I knew in Texas. She was 86 years old and couldn't even make it to church most Sundays. But she prayed for her family, her friends and neighbors, her church family, and politicians and business leaders throughout the country and the world. She prayed for 4 hours every day. Then she wrote letters and cards to everyone for whom she prayed. Her ministry was so important to our community that even people she didn't know sent stationary and stamps to her. She was, after all, on a limited income.

We are also not surpposed to be the equivalent of pew sitterrs in politics and real world issues either. Of course we should show up to vote. But we should also attend our local government meetings to hold those office holders accountable. We should find ways to get involved. Many of the problems surrounding us today are there because so many Christians prayed but didn't get involved. My grandma used to tell me to put feet to those prayers. When was the last time that you volunteered at a local school? At a homeless shelter? A soup kitchen? How about a women's shelter? Grandma also used to tell me that we are supposed to give of our time, talents and treasure.

Dr Carson reminded us of the words of Benjamin Franklin. When asked what kind of government they had given us, he answered, "a Republuc, if you can keep it." Carson also reminded us of the words of Nikita Khrushchev telling the West that our grandchildren and great grandchildren would live under Communism without them ever having to go to war.











© Copyright 2023 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060074-Dr-Ben-Carson-on-C-span