*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060296-Odoriferousness
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest · #2268413
A place to keep my entries for various contests and challenges
#1060296 added November 29, 2023 at 9:15pm
Restrictions: None
Odoriferousness
Written for "Invalid Item, prompt: Throw Out Your Leftovers Day.

Yes, a specific day is set aside to throw out your leftovers; November 29. So, before you head off to bed, throw that nasty, fuzzy, and stinky old food out. Seriously, it's not a double meaning, the day's objective is to convince people to throw out uneaten meals that are decomposing in their refrigerators.

But, are we to wait through the year to throw out that nasty, rotten container of some past feast? If it sits for that long, it may develop into some kind of mutant life form and escape into the wild as soon as the fridge door is opened. At the very least, opening the container may reveal several blinking eyes and a smell that would chase away magots.

Perhaps the powers that be, who decided these annual days, should reconsider and make it a monthly, if not weekly activity. I know I try and use leftovers up in a day or two, but sometimes they get pushed to the back and sit for a week before being discovered. When that happens, it is instant transportation to the trash. And, on very rare occasions, a container of food hides itself long enough to grow more hair than I have, and or, changes from some recognizable morsel of food into something alien-looking, I toss the whole container. For one I don't want to unleash some kind of mutant life form on the planet, and even more importantly, I don't want to break the airtight seal and release the noxious smell into the house.

Anyway, I digress. Today is Throw Out Your Leftovers Day, so if you haven't done so lately, pitch that s***! And, don't wait until November 29, 2024, to clean out your fridge again...

A proud member of "WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.

© Copyright 2023 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060296-Odoriferousness