*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060309-The-Gospel
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Emotional · #2307137
A hamlet in a remote region of its island country experiences the effects of the Rapture.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1060309 added January 8, 2024 at 1:48am
Restrictions: None
The Gospel
So many people on Earth want to live by The Truth. Sadly, though, few can agree on what The Truth is. Is it a set of facts, that scientists can observe through The Scientific Method? Is the truth a unique watchword for each human being? Is The Truth possible to know?

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6, KJV)

Did you see that? Jesus claims to be The Truth. It's not bragging, if you can back your words up with facts. Look at John 1:1-4, KJV, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men."

Right there, we see that Jesus is the Eternal Son of God. Jesus is the Second Member of The Trinity, Who is God, Co-Equal with The Father and The Holy Spirit.

Jesus was born of a virgin. "Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel." (Isaiah 7:14, KJV)

All of the names and positions of God are applicable to Jesus. "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:6, KJV)

Jesus lived The perfect life on Earth.

Jesus was unjustly tried, beaten, crucified on a cruel Roman cross, buried in a borrowed tomb, and rose on the third day. Jesus ascended back to His Father.

The Father calls The Elect to Salvation through the power of the Holy Spirit. (John 6:44, KJV) "No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day."

Every Elect person is a gift from The Father to His son, Jesus. "All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out."

Jesus told Nicodemus, "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." (John 3:3, KJV)

The Five Points of Calvinism are taught directly multiple times throughout this novel. This is often taught using the acrostic of TULIP.

We must start by accepting the fact, that we are Totally Depraved. We are incapable of knowing God in our birthed state.

Because of our inability to know God, He chooses whom He will save. This is Unconditional Election. We can't choose Him. He chooses to regenerate, whom He will before we can trust him. "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." (Ephesians 2:8-10, KJV). Grace and faith are both gifts from God to The Elect.

Since The Lord does the choosing unto Salvation, the Atonement is limited to The Elect. Limited Atonement.

We come to The Lord through His Irresistible Grace. He works in the heart of each Elect saint by tuning the heart to His Will. "For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure." (Philippians 2:13, KJV)

Finally, The elect will always be saved because of The Perseverance of the Saints. Once we belong to The Lord Jesus, nobody can take us away from Him, not even ourselves.

If you are still not sure, if you are saved, simply ask The Lord to help you understand His Truth. If you belong to Him, you will be made to understand His Truth.

You may have walked an aisle in a church service, signed a card, and prayed a prayer, but none of these things can save your soul in themselves. As Jesus told Nicodemus in John 3:3, KJV, "Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." No one can try to be born again any more than he or she could try to be born the first time. Natural birth is a process, that is acting upon the baby. The baby may feel pressure, but he or she cannot exert any opposition to the pressure. The baby continues to exist by the Grace of God and is born when the pressure has completed its work of birth. A person is born again when he feels pressure in the spirit but can do nothing to resist the pressure, even if he or she wants to resist that pressure. The person being born again remains alive in the physical, while being birthed, regenerated, and made new in the spirit, and all of this by the Grace of God. The born-again process is complete when the pressure is finished, the understanding of the Truth of God's Word becomes clear, and the new saint begins to rest in Grace. No work is done by the Elect Christian. Joy and gratitude are the results of being born again.

"For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:" (I Corinthians 15:3-4, KJV) These two verses speak only of Jesus, The Christ. This is The Gospel. The work is all of Jesus with nothing left over for the human to do.

Please, make it clear to me, Dear Lord,
this Truth you are, the living Way.
Please, help me understand your Word,
that I'm redeemed this very day.

Please, make alive my cold, dead heart,
that wanders far from life that's You.
Please, make afresh my days to start,
regenerated, clean, and new.

Please, write me in Election's Book,
before You made the Earth and sky.
Oh. Thank You for the pains You took
to make me yours for By and By.

To poetry, I now return
to rhyme away the night and day.
May Wisdom from Him we all learn
to live well in our work and play.

Make ready ev'ry heart below
to worship Christ or die the death.
The ways of Him we needs must know,
before we draw our latest breath.

I cannot save my wretched soul.
The Christ, Who died and rose, again
is He Alone, Who makes me whole,
The One, Who saved me from my sin.

The Savior of Th'Elect will keep
the ones, He chooses to redeem.
The depths of sin, unbounded deep
is by Him paid, His lasting theme.

Forever in Thy Courts be praise.
Forever sung by sainted voice.
His glory will fore'er amaze.
His Wisdom saves by His Own Choice.


Here is yet another signature, that has been provided for me by my good friends, WS & GG.
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
© Copyright 2024 Jay O'Toole (UN: 777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jay O'Toole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060309-The-Gospel