*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060633-No-Guaran-Tea
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#1060633 added December 7, 2023 at 3:19am
Restrictions: None
No Guaran-Tea
You know what bugs me the most about hotel rooms?

The coffee.

Not really the coffee itself, because I never got a taste for the stuff; I don't like it, so I don't drink it. But it's there, in nearly every hotel room I've ever visited, along with a machine to make it. A machine which might as well be a helicopter for all I know how to use it.

Problem is, I do need my caffeine. Usually, I get it in the form of Coke Zero: way more convenient, because I just have to open a can or bottle. Normally cheaper, too, at least compared to what you get at Starsucks (I imagine it's way cheaper to make the coffee yourself, but I wouldn't know).

But while traveling, hotels tend to charge out the ass for Coke, while the coffee is included in the price of the room.

I'd be okay with that if they also offered free tea. I like tea, especially the darker varieties. Though not Lipton. That stuff is ass. Not even iced tea; just tea bags that could work with hot water from whatever contraption they've cheaply installed in the room.

But they don't.

The one exception I've found is Hampton Inn, which, while I don't think they have tea available in the rooms like they do coffee, usually has bags and a hot water dispenser in the lobby. But then I'm paying more to stay at the Hampton Inn instead of, say, a Super 8, which makes it very expensive tea indeed.

(Sometimes I stay at the Hampton, anyway. It's a solid chain hotel with, usually, a nice breakfast included.)

Right now, I'm on my last night in a Caesar's property in Reno, and the coffee machine is right there on the desk next to where I have to set up the laptop. Taunting me with its complete and utter lack of tea.

Now, I get that this is America and not England, but it's a city with an international airport, so... come ON.

Oh, well, as travel inconveniences go, that's a small one, but I wanted to get this entry in now in case I get stuck in a Donner Pass snowstorm later today.

And won't I be embarrassed if I end up sliding off the mountain to my final doom, and this inane shit ends up being my final written words?

© Copyright 2023 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060633-No-Guaran-Tea