*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060703-Christmas-Memories-For-Merit-Badge-Project
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1313678
You will find Taylor Swift, women items and everything under the sun.
#1060703 added December 8, 2023 at 10:53pm
Restrictions: None
Christmas Memories For Merit Badge Project
Theme 1
For Christmas Merit Badges
Write about holiday memories and traditions you had as a child or anything about the holidays.

My father just died and Christmas will be different without him. He enjoyed Dairy Queen cakes and getting presents. He loved playing holiday music. The past two years, he seemed quiet and didn't eat much. He didn't even to go to Christmas Communion last year. As my husband, mother and I celebrate this year, we will remember Dad when he was happy. He loved listening to polka music on New Years Eve.

My son and his wife moved to Oregon last year and Minnesota before that. When we had Christmas years ago, he and his wife would bring presents, Christmas cookies and my son would make orange creme punch. One year, we danced to Johnny Cash music.

When my son was two years old, my friend dressed up like Santa Claus, he came over to my house and bought a toy car for my son.

My grandparents came over for Christmas when they were alive. They were quiet but enjoyed themselves.

My Birthday is four days before Christmas. I get double gifts. Six years ago, my husband bought me an Elsa Cake. He knows Elsa is my favorite Princess.

Mom used to bring over chicken salad, scalloped potatoes, baked beans and I made deviled eggs and noodles. My husband and I would buy chicken or make a turkey. We would have a party on my Birthday. Mom made a turkey dinner every year. This year, I am having Christmas dinner at my house. I am making turkey. We decided to do it at my house since Dad is no longer with us.

Christmas changes every few years. My son moved. My grandparents died. My husband's parents used to come over. They passe, too. They enjoyed themselves. We start new memories.

My first Christmas with my husband. He had me make a list of what I wanted and he bought me everything on my list. I wasn't used to a boyfriend buying me gifts like that. My husband buys me Kate Spade items now.

As a kid, Dad was in the Air Force. In Arkansas, the neighbors came over and bought me Birthday and Christmas gifts and Christmas gifts for my parents and grandparents. They bought over a Birthday cake with a cat on it.My grandparents were there visiting and bought the calico cat along. I loved that cat and was glad to see her.

I remember getting a Chatty Cathy Doll and Barbie Doll for Christmas when I was six years old. This was 1960. The neighbors invited us over for Christmas Cookies and we listened to Pat Boone music.

In third grade, I got a Skipper Doll and new Barbie Doll clothes. My friends got new Barbies and clothes and we played with Barbies the next few days.

I enjoyed Christmas parties at school. The teacher bought in cookies and cupcakes. We made homemade decorations out of cookie dough and construction paper and hung them on the tree.

We had Christmas Pageants in school and did the birth of Jesus. I played an angel and one year, I pretended to read the story, holding a big book about Jesus and his birth. In high school, I had to sing in Christmas music concerts. I was in choir all four years and we had concerts.

I loved watching my son open gifts when he was little. I enjoyed taking him to see Santa. I had a picture of him with Santa every year for 10 years.

Christmas. I enjoy going to Christmas Communion. I love decorating the tree, getting out my villages, sending out cards and buying gifts. Christmas memories are the best. I hope to enjoy Christmas this year. Merry Christmas!

636 Words


© Copyright 2023 Princess Megan Rose 22 Years (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose 22 Years has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060703-Christmas-Memories-For-Merit-Badge-Project