*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060840-Tumble
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1060840 added December 10, 2023 at 12:18pm
Restrictions: None
Tumble

Friday on my way back home from the bank - a journey of one block - 5 minutes on foot - I tripped over something on the sidewalk. Oopsie daisy. Down I went - hard. I hear a sound like glass breaking - thought it was my glasses. So I was worried about my knee, since it was just repaired. No problem. Then my elbow - I broke that several years ago - no problem. I could stand, so no broken legs or hip. Thank you God. Then I checked my glasses that were in my jacket pocket - still intact.

But...my hand. OMG - it hurt like the devil. So I walk home - hubby and I confer. We go to the ER. I have a closed fracture of the 4th and 5th metacarpal of my left hand. So - my ring finger and my pinkie. Closed means it didn't break the skin.
Real definition:
Fourth metacarpal: The bone that connects your wrist to your ring finger.
Fifth metacarpal: The bone that connects your wrist to your pinkie finger.

I have a splint on this hand, not a permanent cast. I am to see an orthopedic doctor as soon as possible. Well, try to get someone in the office to pick up a phone call...

This morning when I woke, I see the bruise extending beyond the splint, heading toward my elbow. And then bruising coming down the fingers that are exposed beyond all the wrapping they did. I call the ER - come in if you think you must. Bruising is to be expected.

SO my theory is this - I fell with my full weight on my left hand. The sound I heard was those little bones breaking.

My friends, this year has been of the most challenging, annoying, distressing years in my life. I've had a few others, but I won't bore you with those details.

Be careful out there. Danger everywhere. If I find the gremlin that tripped me, well...

© Copyright 2023 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060840-Tumble