*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060916-If-I-could-save-the-world
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1060916 added December 12, 2023 at 12:33pm
Restrictions: None
If I could save the world...
Prompt:
If you knew for sure, your words would change the world for the better, what would you teach the world in an online video as something like a TED talk?


------

To the benefit of everyone who may turn to my so-called TED talk video, I'd try to teach everyone tolerance and patience. These virtues are as essential for personal growth as they also are for the peace at home and abroad. Who knows, after all if people really knew how to instill inside themselves and use these qualities, we might just manage to have a peaceful world in which everyone worked for the benefit of everybody.

I guess I would start my talk by promoting cultural awareness. That is, learning about and respecting different cultures, traditions, and perspectives. This type of exposure to diverse viewpoints could even bring about the appreciation for one's own culture and background.

Then, I would go on with encouraging empathy in people so they would understand the differences in every person's life experiences. This would teach people to be patient with others who might have varying perspectives and challenges.

Offering the idea of open, honest, and effective communication, that is expressing one's own thoughts in a respectful manner, would come next. This is because effective communication is essential for building tolerance.

Next, I would advise the masses to choose their leaders not on popularity and false impressions but on loftier virtues. This is because leaders and influencers play a crucial role in setting examples as they can create a positive ripple effect that could encourage others to follow suit. I would also tell my listeners to question assumptions and stereotypes, and watch if their elected or to-be-elected officials are basing their judgments on preconceived ideas.

Conflict resolution skills would help also, as they promote active listening, compromise, and finding the common grounds. By addressing conflicts in a constructive manner, a person or any group of people can learn to be patient and tolerant even in challenging situations. I would also include to respond to negatives thoughtfully rather than impulsively.

I would also recommend that the listeners' educational systems and core study programs to reflect a varied range of histories and perspectives, so the students can understand the world better, broader, and more deeply. This way, everyone in the world, if this can ever be done, will feel valued and accepted.

After all, we do have a diverse and interconnected world, don't we!

.

© Copyright 2023 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1060916-If-I-could-save-the-world