*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061377-Christmas-Eve
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1061377 added December 24, 2023 at 9:35pm
Restrictions: None
Christmas Eve

The never-ending drama continues. Still no car. Annoying is one way to term this interminable waiting. I have no idea what is taking so long. Bugger me.

My hand still bothers me. It is still badly bruised, but at least the swelling has lessened to a degree. But there is just one spot under the cast that still gives me fits. I think it is the spot that got the brunt of the contact with the sidewalk.

Then another weird thing happened on Thursday. I got a friend to take me to town, and we did some errands. One was to be a haircut. I haven't had one in at least three months. And to say I am past-due is being polite. Curly hair just gets more and more unruly at a certain stage, and I am there. So I walk into the salon for my appointment. The lady looks at me like I am a ghost. "Sorry, Miss Blah-de-blah isn't in. She called all her clients last week and cancelled. Her father is not well." Hmm. With me standing in front of her, does that say to her that maybe she missed one??? So annoyed. When I got home, I posted a review online stating all this. I mean, people need to know that things get messed up. And from what I read, it wasn't the first time. I then got a call from the salon owner apologizing. Okay, fine. But I already had gone, when in town, to another place and made another appointment for a few weeks from now. Then the beautician calls - to say she's sorry. I just deleted her message. They won't miss my money.

So, retail. I hate when people don't open on time, don't stay open the hours posted. I hate a dirty store or restaurant. And I hate when you don't follow-through and do what you say you'll do.

Tonight is Christmas Eve. Have fun. Not much happening here. Hubby is going to a friend's house tomorrow. I decided not to go. Too much hassle to drive for 1 1/2 hours one way with a broken hand that still hurts, and then drive home in the dark worried about hitting a deer or elk in a borrowed car. I wouldn't be good company.

© Copyright 2023 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061377-Christmas-Eve