*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061644-The-End-is-Near
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest · #2268413
A place to keep my entries for various contests and challenges
#1061644 added December 31, 2023 at 5:08pm
Restrictions: None
The End is Near!
For "Andre's Old2New Years Party"  

What is your favorite thing to do at parties: Eat, drink, dance, chat, get wild, watch TV/movies, ... Why yes, that's it! Well, if the foods good I enjoy it and depending on the type of party, drinking (in moderation) is also enjoyable. It's been quite some time since I've been out dancing, but I don't remember (not saying I did or didn't) dancing at a party. Talking and socializing are a must or I won't be long at the party. TV/movies is a bust, I can do that at home and I don't really get wild at parties either.

What stories do people tell about you when you went to a party or that you like to tell about yourself at a party? I really can't think of anything, people are usually talking about other people who were dancing on tables or getting wild. I would guess some people may talk about how I tend to be quiet and off to myself more than in the midst of things.

At midnight between Dec 31 and Jan 1, how do you normally follow the tradition to "ring out the old and ring in the new" (bells, drums, barking like a dog, firecrackers, fireworks, just quietly watching TV, . . . ? How do your neighbors make noise to celebrate and what's your thoughts on that? I really don't ring in the New Year with lots of noise or anything, although howling like a wolf may be entertaining. As a kid we usually had some kind of noise maker we would blow at midnight. Our tradition for the switch between years is to listen to the countdown and sing in the New Year with Auld Lang Syne; we also have a toast at midnight. No, not a piece of toast, a drink in honor of the end and the beginning of the next. Since we live in the country, there's no one to bother or be bothered by.


Have you ever written or read a story about a New Years party? Tell us about it or tell us a story about a fictional New Years Party. Include genre and main characters and summarize what it was about. No, I have never written or read anything about a New Years party. As for telling you a story based on this, I would need time and it would likely ensure I don't finish this entry until next year. I will share an idea, however.

I would do a romance story or something pretty hot and steamy with some good humor tossed in. Most likely it would need to be rated 18+. But that's all I'm going to say for now, you'll just have to wait for the book/story...

Cheers!


A proud member of "WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.

© Copyright 2023 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061644-The-End-is-Near