*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061725-Day-3
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #2311052
Old2New Years party 2023 - Blogging in January 2024
#1061725 added January 1, 2024 at 10:37pm
Restrictions: None
Day 3



Last night at midnight I was getting ready to turn out the lights. The dogs next door were still barking inside that house. They’d been barking off and on since 7:30 PM. Their people leave them alone quite often. Quite annoying, since their house is close to ours.

We have no New Year's Day traditions. To me, it’s just another day. When I worked, it was a welcome day off. So I’ll just cook dinner as usual, take a walk as usual. Nothing fancy. The last time we did anything special for New Year’s was many years ago - back in Columbus, OH. Hubby and I had just met. We went to a First Night celebration downtown. It was fun. But the memory I have that lingers is a bum thumb. Someone came past me in a rush and bent my thumb back so that today it is fused and pretty much unusable. Good times…

The cast on my broken left hand is annoying me beyond belief. I think my hand is still somewhat swollen under it, and it seems to be rubbing on one particular spot. So today will be like yesterday - trying to keep the pain away, trying to ignore that pain. And wondering if I need to walk into the doctor’s office tomorrow or wait the week until my scheduled appointment.

Light pollution? Well, here in town at least we have street lights that are LED and aimed toward the street. No one in town has huge lights displays, although holiday lights sometimes stay in place for months.

The noise from the fireworks was not as bad as I had feared. Perhaps it was because of the end of the month, and not many had funds to buy any? For what ever reason, I’m glad for that. I hate the loud ones - the ones that shake you and your home. The noises that make all the dogs quiver and shake and bark endlessly and send all the Veterans into either a drunken or medicated stupor.




new signature 2021


2023 Quill Nominee.
Quill Finalist Logo 2022.
Quill Nominee Signature 2022

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2024 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061725-Day-3