*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
8
9
10
11
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061916-Almost-as-Well-as-Yesterday
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1061916 added January 4, 2024 at 11:42pm
Restrictions: None
Almost as Well as Yesterday
Almost as Well as Yesterday


Another slow start to my writing today. I had a couple of things that I needed to get done today before I could start working on the first Act for my Movie Introduction for my Water Wars scriptwriting project. It didn’t take me too long to do them. But it did take me about two hours to finish them.

About a half-hour longer than yesterday before I could start working on this project. Maybe that’s why I only got eleven scenes written aka around twenty-nine single paragraphs. Two of them were sort of Establishing Shots. What do I mean by ‘sort of Establishing Shots?’ It means that I treated them like Establishing Shots.

These scenes were part of the storyline for Reen. But the main part of this scene was a flashback. The first and third parts of these three scenes took place in the Special WaterStructure. While the middle main scene was in the past when Reen and Aavic were trying to leave their Confinement Location. It was mostly about Aavic, though.

Why didn’t I get more writing done on this project? There were several reasons why I didn’t get more written today. The extra half-hour loss is one of them. Even though that wasn’t that much of a loss. I may have gotten one more scene written in that half hour. After all, it takes me about a half hour to write each scene.

Another reason that I didn’t get any more writing done on this project than I did was because of what I needed to do before I started my writing. I kept checking my email for a response to what I needed to do. Every time there was an announcement, I had to check it out. No emails came today. But I had to check them out anyway.

The main reason for not getting any more writing don today was all the rewriting I needed to do. Most of the rewriting was because of the length of the single paragraph or the number of characters at the end of a line. Those rewrites only took a word or two either erased or added to make the single paragraphs okay again.

Some of them were a lot more complicated to rewrite. Sometimes it was only a sentence or two. And sometimes it was a complete rewrite of a single paragraph. The two Establishing Shot scenes are a good example of that. I had to do a complete rewrite of those scenes. After all, they were originally a complete version of that scene.

What do I mean by a ‘complete version?” It means that originally these scenes were nineteen lines long like the middle scene. After all, this was scene twenty-five. I never liked that. Mostly because of the added lines. Five or scene lines for an Establishing Shot is much better than a nineteen line is. At least that’s what I think.








© Copyright 2024 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1061916-Almost-as-Well-as-Yesterday