*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1062110-Curiosity-wins
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1062110 added January 9, 2024 at 11:30am
Restrictions: None
Curiosity wins.
Prompt:
"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning."
Albert Einstein
What do you think about this quote and which things do you question?


--------

Wisdom gained from the past, the enjoyment of the present, and the anticipation of the future...Now, what could be better than that!

I have to ask, what about the do-ability of such a noble stance?

I'd have to focus instead on the part of the quote that says not to stop questioning. Now, even I could live for that as I am all for the perpetual importance of curiosity and a questioning mindset. A questioning attitude helps to bring about intellectual growth, innovation, and progress. Questioning challenges the status quo, encourages critical thinking, and drives the pursuit of knowledge. By remaining curious, I can live in an ever-changing world with adaptability and, hopefully, resilience.

The way I look at it, curiosity itself means a sense of optimism, as curiosity (i.e. my questioning) encourages me to approach the future with hope, providing motivation toward building a better future, while fixing and shaping today's mishaps in my life. After all, I have the use of a mind that questions everything.

As for the past, whether I learn from it or not, it always comes to haunt. Good or bad! Fact is, although not totally doable, I'd rather not dwell on the negatives of the past because they bring my present and future down. Anyhow, past never honors my negation of it. It jumps up into my mind, with positive and negative areas of itself, when I least suspect or expect it. Such an underhanded trickster this past is!

I, therefore, have come to the conclusion that, all in all, curiosity wins with all its questionings and its pushing me forward. And no, curiosity didn't kill the kitten, but the kitten's far-out daring to poke its nose into obvious danger did.


.



© Copyright 2024 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1062110-Curiosity-wins