*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1062173-There-Goes-The-Bar
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest · #2268413
A place to keep my entries for various contests and challenges
#1062173 added January 10, 2024 at 4:38pm
Restrictions: None
There Goes The Bar
For "Andre's Fractured Resolutions Blog-O-Thon!"  , prompt: I resolve to finally sell the house. Is Andre selling the bar, whos house is he selling? Is your Muse raising money? What's going on?


I can't resolve to sell my house, since I rent. If I could get a way with it, I would sell it to myself for a fraction of what it's worth, but I think the landlord would frown upon that. With that out of the way, I wonder if Andre is thinking about selling the bar. I'll have to stop in and ask him if he resolved to sell.

It's later now. I left and visited the bar, asking Andre if the rumors were true.

Andre informed me, "Those damn rumors are all made up! I didn't do it and no one can prove otherwise."

I stopped him with a wave of my hand, "Not those rumors, the one about selling the bar."

"Oh, that. I thought you meant the other things. Yeah, I think it's time to sell the bar. It's not like a resolution, I just mentioned to someone or another that i wanted to sell the bar this year."

"What will you do? Are you retiring?"

"What? No, I like running this place, I like the people, well a few of them, and have big plans for this place."

"Then, why are you selling the bar?"

"You idiot, I'm not selling the building, just the bar. It's old, falling apart, and needs to be replaced. I figure I'll have the staff rip out the old bar and put it out front with a "For Sale" sign on it. Then, we'll build a new one with all the old pallets out back."

That was the conversation, honest apes.

Oh, I forgot, Andre is trying to sell a house. It's the one across the ally. Andre informed me he's tired of the guy complaining about all the noise at the bar, so he swiped borrowed a house for sale sign from down the street and put it out front.

He also asked, "Is Halo (my muse) making any money?"

I didn't think so, or at least I haven't seen any of it. Andre explained that she's been stopping by the bar and selling ideas to some King guy... I had no idea!






A proud member of "WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.

© Copyright 2024 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1062173-There-Goes-The-Bar