*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1062178-Take-a-Nice-Hike
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest · #2268413
A place to keep my entries for various contests and challenges
#1062178 added January 19, 2024 at 6:45pm
Restrictions: None
Take a Nice Hike!
For "Andre's Fractured Resolutions Blog-O-Thon!"  , prompt 2: I resolve to take a nice healthy hike!

Why?

I'll tell you why. Quite often I stop to blog for your reading enjoyment, but when I tell you what I'm blogging about, you ask me why. What the hell difference does it make? Andre, through one of his henchmen employees posts prompts and I write on them.

Now, can I get on with my story?

I decided I need to shed quite a few pounds, so I'm eating healthier and getting more exercise. The best exercises is walking, so I decided I should walk down to "Invalid Item. I figured this to be a nice hike and I can get something to drink; it's important to stay hydrated.

Andre was prying apart some pallets. "I see you've sold the bar and are building a new one."

"Yeah, what you up too?"

I told him and he said, "I should get back in shape, you know."

I nodded as I looked around trying to see where I could get a beer.

"Yeah, I put on a few pounds, I think it was the banana bread. I'll make another New Years Resolution, take a hike everyday."

"It don't work that way, you make your New Years resolutions on New Years. Besides, didn't you resolved to not resolve any more?"

"Okay, I'll make a New Weeks resolution, take a nice healthy hike everyday."

"That's better," I lied, "Where you thinking of hiking?"

"I could hike down to the gas station and swipe their ass-wipe." He thought hard for a few minutes then added, "Better idea:. You want hike, so you hike down, get the paper, then drop it off here. I'll give you a beer for it."

I shook my head, "How's this gonna help you lose that pudgy gut?"

"Who the hell you calling pudgy? That's it, you want to come back, you better have paper. Call me pudgy, you better take a hike!"

I walked to the door wondering how things had ended up going the way they had. Just before I closed the door, Andre yelled, "Don't forget the toilet paper!"

A proud member of "WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.


© Copyright 2024 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1062178-Take-a-Nice-Hike