*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1062372-Wrong-Fork
by jaya
Rated: E · Book · Contest Entry · #2289848
Contest entries
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1062372 added January 14, 2024 at 9:50am
Restrictions: None
Wrong Fork

I was speeding on my scooter on the highway and took a bypass to reach the village, where my parents lived.
Suddenly, the bike stopped for some reason. I was in the middle of nowhere, with no trace of civilization for miles. I started walking.

At the fork, wondering about the direction to my village, I took left. It was a dead end. I was about to return, when I found a secret passageway behind the bush through a wide tunnel. I went ahead. Surprise took me by the neck, as its narrow end. I stood at the entrance of a large wooden shed with a glint of light from inside. I pushed open the door and slipped in.

My breath stopped as I watched a man bent over another, who lay unconscious, his mouth taped tight.
The middle-aged bearded individual started pottering around what looked like a lab with phials of mysterious liquids. He made an incision on the side of the man’s stomach, injecting a mix of colored liquids with a large syringe. My stomach turned. I held with effort from retching.

Then the body moved. I watched as one eye opened and then the other. He let out a slow moan and sat up stiffly. He was scary with rolling eyes and his a moan became a loud scream.

I turned back and ran away. Found my scooter that started with a kick. With my heart in the mouth I drove as though chased by a thousand devils.

My scooter stopped suddenly. Stunning me with dangling limbs and reddened eyes stood the body I saw. Oh, no, was it a product of famous Zombie Reddy, the zombie experimentalist?

I saw my fate as it bent on me....

Word Count:293
© Copyright 2024 jaya (UN: vindhya at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
jaya has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1062372-Wrong-Fork