*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1062542-Winnie-the-Pooh
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1062542 added January 17, 2024 at 11:23am
Restrictions: None
Winnie the Pooh
Prompt: Who is your favorite Disney character?

------------

I am not sure I should think of a Disney character at my age, but now I did, and then, recalled that decades ago, I used to like Winnie the Pooh...

I mean, how can one really really like a made-up character, be it by an author like A. A. Milne?

Well, I can really like anyone who is unassuming and soft-voiced, to begin with; human, animal, or a cartoon character. And that cartoon character is Winnie. He is so unassuming that some people may think of Winnie as being naive and slow-witted. That is not the case, however.

Winnie the Pooh, approaches life with a sense of wonder and he is so relatable with his red shirt and his catchphrases "Oh, bother!" and "Think, think, think!" This relatability is because he shows human emotions such as fear, joy, sadness, and confusion. He may come out as being naive but there is always some wisdom in his naivete. This statement of his, "Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart," makes me think about my cat, for example.

Then, friendship and loyalty is very important to Winnie and he goes out of his way to help a friend in need. His positive outlook and facing problems with his power of resilience, his unconditional love for his friends, his joy in small things such as a pot of honey are infectious and I end up smiling at his gentle humor.

After all, who wouldn't come to love such a gentle nature in any being, imagined or not!


.

© Copyright 2024 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1062542-Winnie-the-Pooh