*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1062665-Bandits-Begone
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #2312345
A collection of deeds
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1062665 added January 19, 2024 at 2:21pm
Restrictions: None
Bandits Begone
Thinking the village nestled between the peaks of snow covered mountains as easy prey, the Galeon Bandits attacked during the early dawn. Most villagers were still either asleep or bleary eyed from just waking up. However, when it was known they were under attack they quickly barred themselves inside their houses. The thieves had just begun to besiege and breakdown the dwellings when a dragon with glittering golden scales flew at them with a momentous roar. Scared out of there wits they retreated. The village elder timidly approached and asked what tribute the dragon would take in return for the villagers safety, but with a shake of his head, he replied that the only thing he wanted was to be seen as a friend instead of a fire breathing beast. In time the elders became used to the occasional patrols their guardian made and the children would come up with many ways to play with him (he was a gentle, empathetic sort). From this moment on he was their Golden Dragon or GD for short.
© Copyright 2024 Massive Friendly Derg (UN: dragondawn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Massive Friendly Derg has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1062665-Bandits-Begone