*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1062750-Revisited-O-Bai-teh-Wai
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#1062750 added January 21, 2024 at 11:19am
Restrictions: None
Revisited: "O Bai teh Wai..."
As has been my custom on Sundays, I randomly picked an older blog entry to take another look at. This time, we're going back all the way to May of 2008, with a really very short one: "O Bai teh Wai...

You may have noticed a lot of the early ones were short. I'm pretty sure that's partly because this was before Newsfeed was introduced here. In a way, it's good, because there's a record of what I was thinking in 2008. But it's also bad, because there's a record of what I was thinking in 2008.

The entry contains a naked link (x-link hadn't been invented yet, either). I suggest you don't click on it. It's nothing like whatever I'd found 16 years ago. I have a vague memory of "lolcatbible" being a translation of, you know, that book into lolcat pidgin. But I could be wrong, confusing it with the Pirate Bible and the Brick Testament.

Doesn't matter. It's not there anymore. As I noted in that long-ago entry:

I mean, really. Lolcats should have been done by now.

Srsly.


Lolcats certainly aren't done, though they've evolved (that evolution sometimes even involves better spelling and grammar). That site, though... that's done.

But, as with my embarrassing blog entries from the noughties, most things on the internet never truly die. With a cat's curiosity, I searched for "lolcat bible," and found this WIkipedia entry.  

Oh hai. In teh beginnin Ceiling Cat maded teh skiez An da Urfs, but he did not eated dem....

© Copyright 2024 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1062750-Revisited-O-Bai-teh-Wai