*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1062801-Snow-or-Cold-Fog
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#1062801 added January 22, 2024 at 11:55am
Restrictions: None
Snow or Cold Fog?
Prompt: The function of the artist or writer (Blog City)
"The function of the artist is to make people like life better than before."
Kurt Vonnegut
What do you think the function of the writer is, if any?

BCOF Insignia owl for signature use

I read about one book every 7 to 10 days. In that frame of thought I always like stories nonfiction or fiction that can give me a quote about life that is very real. It makes me know I'm not alone on the earth, there are other people who see what I see or experience life in a way I have.

I doubt all writers are viewing this as a function of writing. I do think writers fulfill a human need to experience things that others experience in life. And when you set out to write a picture with words into someone else's mind, perhaps you just want to express what is on your own mind without realizing how it will affect the readers.

As for another prompt I noticed, snow has been blanketing our atmosphere for several days. It was so thick in the air it looked like the air was foggy for two days. Not fog, when I filled the bird feeder mornings, I noticed the air was thick with tiny snowflakes that accumulated to about 8 or 10 inches of cold white snow on the ground.

Keep Warm.



© Copyright 2024 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1062801-Snow-or-Cold-Fog