*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063000-Drawn-to-the-Cold
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1063000 added January 26, 2024 at 12:54pm
Restrictions: None
Drawn to the Cold
Prompt:
“And instead of dying Immediately after they shot him, he would go on to survive several days solely because of the cold that January. Maybe that's why we are drawn to those who possess the coldest of hearts ... In effort to survive. ” ― Bethany Brookbank
Let this quote inspire your writing today.


---------

Oh, the cold shivers this quote gives me! Even if I don't totally grasp what she really means.

But I'll try. It is said that some people's bodies run more efficiently in cooler temperatures, making them naturally drawn to cold temperatures. Maybe the month of January has added to this character's dying, in the narrative part of the quote. Also, there may be a psychological factor of the quiet beauty of a winter landscape offering serenity. I mean, who wouldn't want serenity while they are dying!

Then, metaphorically, reserved or introverted individuals can be emotionally distant, preferring solitude and finding deeper connections challenging. Surely, this may also be due to past experiences such as traumas and betrayals. In those cases, emotional withdrawal becomes a habit of protecting oneself. In our society or world, unfortunately, this withdrawal is misinterpreted as social awkwardness both in relationships and communication.

Symbolically, some people gravitate toward those who are emotionally cold as if that could be a way to distance themselves from difficult emotions and to numb their earlier pains.

Still, it is important to realize that everyone is unique and judging without understanding a person's context could be misleading and harmful. I think, therefore, balance, empathy, and understanding are needed. Then, for anyone struggling with emotional coldness, talking to a friend, a therapist, or counselor would help build healthier relationships; to quote back Bethany Brookbank, "In effort to survive."

.

© Copyright 2024 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063000-Drawn-to-the-Cold