*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063336
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2312124
A book to house my Daily Flash Fiction entries.
#1063336 added February 2, 2024 at 6:17pm
Restrictions: None
Little Shadow Hero
The twilight painted long shadows across the ruins where Zanya, a seasoned ranger, crouched beside a gaping hole. Beside her, Guzion, a plump groundhog, squeaked nervously, his shadow impossibly larger in the fading light.

"Don't worry, Guzion," Zanya murmured, stroking his fur. "We'll get this shadow beast out, even if it takes all night."

Guzion thumped his tail, wary of the ancient evil emanating from the hole. Zanya could feel its power, a darkness hungry for escape. "Remember," she continued, her voice turning firm, "you're the bait. Stay close, and when it lunges, I'll hit it with the sunstone."

Guzion puffed out his chest, a spark of defiance flickering in his shadow. Zanya smiled. "That's the spirit. Now, stay hidden until I signal."

She crept back, the sunstone pulsing with trapped sunlight clutched in her hand. The whispers grew louder, closer. Suddenly, a monstrous shadow, twisted and barbed, erupted from the hole. Guzion, his own shadow a defiant beacon, darted out, leading the beast away.

"Now, Guzion!" Zanya shouted, unleashing a beam of sunlight. The shadow beast shrieked, recoiling from the light. Zanya blasted repeatedly, her heart pounding, until the shadow dissolved, leaving behind only an eerie green glow.

Guzion, panting but unharmed, waddled towards her. Zanya scooped him up, relief washing over her. "Good job, little shadow hero," she whispered, nuzzling his fur. "We did it."

Guzion squeaked proudly, his shadow shimmering with newfound confidence. As the last rays of sunlight faded, Zanya and Guzion, the unlikely duo, walked away from the silent hole, their shadows dancing beside them, a testament to their courage and their unique bond.




WORD COUNT: 269 Words
WRITTEN FOR: "Winner for 2/1 and prompt for 2/2"  
PROMPT: Write a story that includes the words: groundhog, shadow, hole
© Copyright 2024 GERVIC 🐉 WDC Dragon Vale (UN: gervic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
GERVIC 🐉 WDC Dragon Vale has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063336