*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063377-A-Walk-with-Max
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1063377 added February 3, 2024 at 11:17am
Restrictions: None
A Walk with Max
Prompt:
Four random sentences to have fun with today as you blog. Good luck trying to use them all.
1.Car safety systems have come a long way, but he was out to prove they could be outsmarted.
2.The golden retriever loved the fireworks each Fourth of July.
3.When nobody is around, the trees gossip about the people who have walked under them.
4.People who insist on picking their teeth with their elbows are so annoying!

---------------

I like to take long walks with my golden retriever Max. These walks are what the doctor ordered first, and second, they help clear my mind from all the garbage that finds its way into it.

This July 4th morning, again, when I held on to Max's leash and began walking, this thought hit me: People who insist on picking their teeth with their elbows are so annoying!

Now, when was the last time I had seen anyone pick their teeth? Probably never. I thought maybe this idea was sent to me while we were walking under the trees. I guess when nobody is around, the trees gossip about the people who have walked under them. Then, they have fun with us poor walkers by sending weird thoughts in us. After all, some claim nowadays that there's such a thing as Quantum Mind Power. Really?

Plus, just before this thought had hit me and when Max and I were leaving our street to walk through the trees, I had noticed the remains of an accident. Two cars had crashed and the two drivers were saying stuff with hand gestures. No police on the scene, yet.

I was curious. So I stopped to watch the two drivers argue. One was saying apologetically, "I was on adaptive cruise control, but the curve speed warning didn't work. Neither did the Traction Control. So I took the problem into my own hands."

What? I know nothing about how cars work; however, I could guess something or other about this guy, something like he was probably blaming his poor car for the accident. Nowadays, car safety systems have come a long way, but he was out to prove they could be outsmarted. Just maybe, he didn't let the car take over but interfered and, the accident happened. Still, I, too, would probably rush in myself, during such an emergency.

Talk about cutting-edge technologies! Bah Humbug! My Max can sense things before they happen, and these trees also know better as does the dog. I touched the trunk of a tree and took a deep breath of the clean air.

After our next few steps, Max's tail wagged excitedly and his ears perked with glee. He has always been such a peculiar dog. But then, I, too, heard the distant pops and crackles of fireworks.

Well, believe me, you! Max barked excitedly, and that was when I knew exactly what was happening. Probably, some kids had started celebrating too early in the morning, and Max, the golden retriever, loved the fireworks each Fourth of July.

Although some people find Max's love for fireworks amusing and endearing, I don't! As I knew when the colorful explosions would lit up the sky, he'd race toward those mesmerizing lights, with no regard to traffic or anything else. So, I pulled on Max's leash and began running around toward home.

As I opened the front door to the house, I was breathless, but Max was jumping with excitement and panting just as much as I did. There would be no afternoon walk with Max today on this July 4th day. Luckily, I have a fenced-in backyard for him to use and dash around.





© Copyright 2024 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063377-A-Walk-with-Max