*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063532-Both-Blogs-Again
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2242131
There is a lot within me Other Than Scriptwriting. This blog is devoted to those stories.
#1063532 added February 4, 2024 at 11:52pm
Restrictions: None
Both Blogs Again
Both Blogs Again


This may be the way that I do my Sunday blog entries every week that I’m working. After all, I writing these blogs for both Saturday and Sunday. I could have done them separately. One early Sunday morning before I went to sleep for my Saturday. And one that I’m doing right now. But it’s easier and faster if I do them at the same time.

Let’s start with yesterday. I didn’t do very well with my transcribing yesterday. It wasn’t all that bad. But it wasn’t very good either. I only did fifteen scenes and about fifty-two single paragraphs. That equals forty-eight single paragraphs and four Establishing Shot single paragraphs if I remember correctly.

Don’t ask me why I didn’t get more single paragraphs and scenes written because I don’t know. The only reason that I can think of is that I had a lot of rewriting to do on my transcribing my scanned handwriting to my laptop. Some of this rewriting was simple. Only a word or two, or a sentence or two. But a few were whole paragraphs.

Whether it was a word, sentence, or two, or a whole paragraph, it was for one of two reasons. The number of lines for that scene didn’t match up to thirteen, fifteen, or nineteen, or the individual lines were fifty-five to sixty characters. It wasn’t just the action paragraphs that I had problems with. Only the main reason.

Another problem I had with these characters’ lines was with my dialogue too. I left a few extra words to make the dialogue add an extra line that I needed to be corrected. Sometimes that meant taking out a few words or taking out a sentence. Usually, I just needed to take out a few words. But sometimes I needed to do more than just that.

That’s enough about yesterday’s blog entry. Now it’s time to tell anyone who is reading these blogs about what happened to me today. I finally got the prompt for the WDC Short Story Contest just before I went to sleep last night. At first, I was going to write this as another SpaceHorrors Short Story. But I quickly decided not to do one of them.

I could have written it as a SpaceHorrors Short Story. But I decided not to do that this month. After all, I haven’t been doing too well with my SpaceHorrors short stories so far. So, I decided to not write one this month. Not because I couldn’t remember one. I remembered several of them that fit this prompt. It’s just because of the feedback on them.

Haven’t gotten a lot of good reviews or comments from the ones I have written so far these last few months. Mostly because they want to know who these DeathBringers are, where they are from, and why they kill. All of this will be in the novel I have already started working on. That’s probably why I won’t be doing many SpaceHorrors short stories anymore.

It’s not that I’m going to stop writing Science Faction short stories anymore. I’m going to continue doing it. Starting this month, I’m writing one for the WDC Short Story contest. It just won’t be a SpaceHorrors Short Story. Some of them may not be Science Faction short stories. But most of them probably will be.










© Copyright 2024 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063532-Both-Blogs-Again