*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063654
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest Entry · #1973909
Stories and other items for Valentines Day, Victorian Romance and Jane Austen Writing.
#1063654 added February 6, 2024 at 5:04pm
Restrictions: None
Friendship With Jane Austen
Prompt: Reading stories by your favorite authors, living or dead. As you read their stories, do you feel like you have a friendship with the author? Write about this in your Blog entry today.

I read Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, she writes about Darcy like she is in love with him and you feel like you are in love with him yourself. Elizabeth. Jane. The sisters in the story. The girl's mother. Charles Collins. Mr. Bennett. Caroline Brimley. Wickum. We have all known people like them. Catherine in Northanger Abbey, Gothic. A ghost. Mystery. The romance. Disappointment. No ghost. Sense and Sensibility. Heartbreak. The romance. Emma. The busy body. The match maker. Mansfield Park. Fanny. The poor relation. You feel for the characters.

Friendship is so important in Jane's novels. Not everyone is lovey dovey and all friendly but Elizabeth and Charlotte Lucas had a good friendship. When you feel down and read Jane's novels, you feel better and think I have a friend in Jane Austen. She enjoys romance and her characters come to life and she created Darcy, every woman's favorite man. Jane Austen is a woman after our own heart. We learn from Jane's characters. She nourishes our emotional intelligence. This is what great literature does. It helps us see people we know in a different life. Jane does that for us.

We know people like Jane's characters and we love them or not. Jane is a friend. She entertains us with her novels. Maybe we cry. Maybe we smile. Maybe we want to slap Emma, Lady Catherine and Caroline Bingley. Jane captures our emotions and tells a great story. Jane is our friend. Pick up one of her books and she speaks to you. She gets us and we get her. Thank goodness for Jane Austen! My Friend!

Second Poser of Elizabeth and Darcy Colin Firth by best friend Angel. Beautiful work.
© Copyright 2024 Princess Megan Rose 22 Years (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose 22 Years has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063654