*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063813-James-Rollins-The-Last-Odyssey
Rated: ASR · Book · Cultural · #2313726
book reviews
#1063813 added February 9, 2024 at 4:02am
Restrictions: None
James Rollin's The Last Odyssey



No ratings.
Hide Details
James Rollin's The Last Odyssey
James Rollin's The Last Odyssey
by JCosmos (151)
Rated: E · Review · Military · #2303564
James Rollin's The Last Odyssey Book Review
Intro Rated: E
Size: 3.88 KB · 45 views
Created: August 31st, 2023 at 9:47am
Modified: August 31st, 2023 at 9:48am
Paging: Previous Item · Next Item
Location: Book Reviews
Genres: Military, History, War
Access: No Restrictions
Review of James Rollin's The Last Odyssey Blog


If you are a fan of thrillers ripped from the headlines based on ancient conspiracies, ancient technologies, and ancient wars, like the Davinci Code, then you would love one of James Rollins’s Sigma Force novels, “The Last Odyssey.”

The “Last Odyssey” is based on a controversial view among some historians that Homer's Odyssey and Iliad were based on true stories dating back to 3000 BC when there was a World War in the Mediterranean region that ended with three ancient civilizations disappearing from history. A lot of people have wondered whether Homer’s epics were based on true stories. In the Odyssey of course it all takes during the period of the Trojan War, and its aftermath when Ulysses and his men travel back to Ithica. Ulysses' journey back to Ithaca and their adventures along the way is of course the core of the Odyssey and Iliad epic poems. In the stories, Ulysses and his men go to Hades and return to the living. According to occult lore, the Odyssey and Iliad stories contain secret information that would lead you to be able to enter Hades and return. Hades contains weapons of war that will allow people to take over the world if they unleash the secret weapons in Hades.
Many of Rollin’s novels feature the Sigma Force, a fictional Intel agency that is devoted to uncovering ancient conspiracies and threats to the United States and the world. This novel does not disappoint as it explores the history of the Odyssey and Iliad and what some have called World War Zero, which occurred about 3,000 years ago and featured the destruction of Troy. Archaeologists have proven that Troy did exist along with several other cities, including Ithaca, discussed in epic poems.

The Sigma team eventually discovered there was an ancient civilization that came out of nowhere and destroyed the Mediterranean world circa 3,000 BCE. They discover and defeat an ancient conspiracy dating back to the Middle Ages that was determined to go to Hades and bring back the ancient weapons to usher in the apocalypse that would prepare the way for the 12th Iman and/or Jesus Christ to return ushering in a thousand years of peace as prophesized in the Judia, Christian and Muslim faiths. This cult called the appolcalpi, is highly connected and powerful. They monitor the Sigma Theme’s progress and almost defeat them, but in the end, Sigma Force saves the day and defeats the evil conspiracy while confirming that Hades does exist, and they uncover terrifying ancient weapons of war.

Like a lot of his novels, it is a mixture of ancient history, fact, and fiction. In an epilogue, he discusses what is true and what is fictional. I was fascinated by the idea that there was indeed a proto-world war about 3,000 BC and three ancient civilizations perished as a result of that war.
List of Rollins Books

James Rollins books in order - Bing - Shopping

Wikipedia article on Sigma Force
James Rollins's Sigma Force books in order (fantasticfiction.com)
Wikipedia review of the last Odyssey
The Last Odyssey: A Sigma Force Novel - James …
https://jamesrollins.com/book/the_last_odyssey



• Estimated Reading Time: 2 mins
Released On: Mar 24, 2020. To save the world and our future, Sigma Force must embark on a dangerous odyssey into an ancient past whose horrors are all too present in this page-turning thriller from #1 New York Times bestselling author James Rollins that combines cutting-edge science, historical mystery, mythology, and pulse-pounding action.


© Copyright 2023 JCosmos (jcosmos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates, and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.

© Copyright 2024 JCosmos (UN: jcosmos at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JCosmos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063813-James-Rollins-The-Last-Odyssey