*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063938
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2312124
A book to house my Daily Flash Fiction entries.
#1063938 added February 10, 2024 at 6:42pm
Restrictions: None
Brushstrokes
Lila lived in a grey world. Color was like lost magic. Each day, she woke with a rebel's heart, and a dusty brush whispering forgotten vibrancy.

One morning, a lonely grey bird sat in her colorless yard. Its vibrant pair of eyes glowed like crystal ball. Holding the brush, Lila dared to dream. With a deep breath, she dipped it in a puddle, willing color to bloom. Blue, shimmering blue, dared to appear. She touched the bird's wing, and with a jolt, grey yielded to breathtaking cerulean.

The bird sang, painting the sky with pink and orange. Trees bloomed emerald, houses blushed rose, the air vibrated with forgotten hues. The townsfolk emerged, faces awash in wonder.
But the Grey Lord, ruler of monotony, saw chaos. He snatched the brush, colors fading in his grip. "Color is distraction!" he roared, raising the brush to crush it.

The bluebird, emboldened, swooped down, pecking his hand. The brush fell, landing in Lila's outstretched arms. She dipped it, a thousand colors blooming. Rainbows swirled in the sky, houses wore vibrant stripes, smiles brighter than sun painted faces.
The Lord roared, but the people, inspired by color and the bird's bravery, sang. Their voices echoed with forgotten joy, overwhelming the Lord, who vanished.

Lila kept painting, her brush a beacon of hope, her world now a kaleidoscope of joy. The bluebird, a constant companion, sang a song of freedom, a reminder that even in the dullest of worlds, a single spark can ignite a revolution.


WORD COUNT: 250 Words
WRITTEN FOR: "Winner for 2/9 and prompt for 2/10"  
PROMPT: Write a story that includes the words: brush, bird, ball
© Copyright 2024 GERVIC 🐉 WDC Dragon Vale (UN: gervic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
GERVIC 🐉 WDC Dragon Vale has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063938