*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063975-Revisited-So-it-Ends
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#1063975 added February 11, 2024 at 9:24am
Restrictions: None
Revisited: "So it Ends"
Sundays are my day of reflection on past blog entries. I suspected that, due to the nature of random generation, eventually, I'd land on one I'd already revisited. Or, worse, land on the revisited entry—some of which are now old enough to be technically eligible for a review (though I've decided to exclude those, as well). And today, my first attempt yielded an entry I'd covered as recently as November, so I rolled the dice again.

This time, they took me back to the final day of December, 2018; consequently, the entry, "So It Ends, was about the ending of the Gregorian calendar year. (The subsequent entry, New Year's Day, was titled "So it Begins." Apparently, I couldn't even be consistent with capitalization of titles)

It's short, and even contains an external link which, over five years later, is still active if you're interested. I didn't make any comments about it, though.

I've been thinking about what to post for this final blog entry in 2018.

My daily posting streak was still a year away from beginning, though of course, I didn't know that, yet. I think I was trying, but failing, to post something every day back then. This is relevant because, in that entry, I also wrote:

I've never yet been able to accomplish any of the goals I set at the end of a year, and I'm sure as hell not going to start now. Resolutions piss me off. At least I'm consistent at succeeding at being an utter failure.

Since then, I've gotten better, and less prone to self-flagellation. Though not completely immune.

The entry concludes with a Counting Crows song, which I absolutely do not regret, as they remain one of my favorite bands.

© Copyright 2024 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1063975-Revisited-So-it-Ends