*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
16
17
18
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064096-Soundtrack-of-Your-Life-Entry-14-Somewhere-Only-We-Know
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2264475
Random Writing, Blogs and Adventures
#1064096 added February 19, 2024 at 3:54pm
Restrictions: None
Soundtrack of Your Life Entry #14 Somewhere Only We Know
Day 14 of "The Soundtrack of Your Life challenge. *Smile*

Today's entry is...
Somewhere Only We Know by Keane




In a Rock and Techno heavy playlist, this is one of the sweeter songs on my list. It still has a rhythmic beat to it but the melody is what carries this song. It a beautiful romantic song that really hits on the emotional level. The idea of breaking through and making a connection with a loved one resonates with me very well. As does two lovers finding a place they can be together that is special to them. It really hits me in my heart when I listen to it.

You may have noticed that I didn't embed a regular music or lyric video to showcase this song. Instead I opted for a fan made AMV (Anime Music Video) for this one. The anime featured in this one is Clannad. If you look at the video's comment, you'll see that a lot of people, (myself included) agree that this anime fits this song perfectly. Clannad has notoriety for being one of the most emotionally intense animes out there. Nobody successfully walks away from it without crying.

I feel I should give a spoiler warning for this though I doubt anyone reading is planning to watch the anime afterwards. The series is a romance where the main character a high school student named Tomoya is unable to pursue a basketball career after sustaining an injury. He meets a shy girl Nagisa and falls in love with her. The two ultimately get married. The series takes a dramatic turn in the second season where Nagisa dies after childbirth. Tomoya falls into a depression and avoids his child as she reminds him of her mother. Ultimately he manages to reconnect with his daughter but she passes away as well devastating him. The story doesn't end there though. The daughters spirit is able to save her father. She manages to gather the energy needed collecting happy memories in the after life to give her father one chance to travel through time and reunite with his wife and save her life. He travels back to a special place in time to reunite with her and ultimately the three of them live together as a happy family.

Both this song and Clannad have the underlying idea of finding a special place where lovers can connect. They tie together very nicely.

-*ChessRookB*

a signature image


© Copyright 2024 KingsSideCastle (UN: kingscastle1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KingsSideCastle has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064096-Soundtrack-of-Your-Life-Entry-14-Somewhere-Only-We-Know