*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064286-Oatmeal
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2265788
Just a journal for my Keto experience and fitness journey.
#1064286 added February 16, 2024 at 1:31pm
Restrictions: None
Oatmeal
A short entry today just to log my breakfast experience.

I woke early feeling fine, but I had a craving for carbs; nothing in particular, just some type of high carb food. I decided to have a bit of oatmeal, since it's healthy and lower in carbs than many other grains, a quarter of a cup was well withing my daily limits.

Being early, I was feeling lazy so I just cooked the oatmeal in the microwave, then added some butter and heavy cream to provide the fats I need for ketosis. I enjoyed it, the taste was nice and it ended my cravings. Logging it in Cronometer, I was happy to see I had only reached one third of my calorie intake, my carbs intake, and my fats intake. I was very low for protein, but lunch and dinner would balance this out.

But, withing about an hour of eating, I started feeling tired and sluggish, and my stomach was a bit upset. I don't know if it was the oatmeal (eating that many carbs in one meal) or not. It's something I will have to look further into, but that's for another day. I'm thinking I want to try this again just to see if starting the day with more carbs is the culprit, so I will start one day with a quarter cup of oatmeal. However, I will restrain from having anything with it to ensure it is the carbs.

I will also, if this proves true, try a small amount of oatmeal for lunch or dinner on another day. I'm curious if eating other foods for breakfast and then having the oatmeal will be different.

2023 Quill Nominee.
A proud member of "WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.

© Copyright 2024 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064286-Oatmeal