*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
16
17
18
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064338-SOYL-Entry-20-Requiem-For-A-Tower--Lacrimosa-Dominae
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2264475
Random Writing, Blogs and Adventures
#1064338 added February 17, 2024 at 3:33pm
Restrictions: None
S.O.Y.L. Entry #20 Requiem For A Tower & Lacrimosa Dominae
Day 20 of "The Soundtrack of Your Life challenge. *Smile*

Today's post is a double feature...
Requiem For A Tower by Escala


and
Lacrimosa Dominae by Immediate Music




Both of these songs were added to my Playlist back to back. I found them when I was attempting to find out the song that was used for the Spider-man II trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1s9Yln0YwCw (1:47 onward)
As it turned out the song used was "Lacrimosa Dominae" but it wasn't easy to find that out. I had tried using my Shazam app to determine it but it Shazam (at the time) was not able to pinpoint it. I had to search through google and ultimately was able to find it going through the comments of the trailer video on Youtube. Other people apparently were also trying to determine that information. Helpful commentors recommended both Requim for a Tower and Lacrimosa Dominae.

I wound up getting Lacrimosa Dominae confused with the simalarly named Lacrimosa. Lacrimosa composed by Mozart himself is a great musical piece in its own right but it wasn't what I was looking for. My next try from the comment recommendation was Requiem for a Tower which I really liked. Afterward I figured out my mistake and was able to add Lacrimosa Dominae to my list.

Both these pieces of music are Epic Orchestral arrangements that are really great to listen to and they both make use of crescendoing where the music goes from soft to loud to increase their intensity. Additionally Lacrimosa Dominae has beautiful operatic chorus included in it. As showcased in the Spider-man trailer, both these pieces work really as soundtracks as they seem to have the ability to make any activity more exciting when it is played. Picture doing your laundry with one of these songs playing in the background. *Smile* Now if you wanted to really get hypedpicture an action scene with this soundtrack playing! *Mindblown*


-*ChessRookB*

a signature image


© Copyright 2024 KingsSideCastle (UN: kingscastle1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KingsSideCastle has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064338-SOYL-Entry-20-Requiem-For-A-Tower--Lacrimosa-Dominae