*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064538-022024
by Tim
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2299896
An attempt at creating a daily blog.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1064538 added February 20, 2024 at 6:17pm
Restrictions: None
02/20/24
The pain in the side has not decreased any and I'm still having to munch percocet and muscle relaxers....so I'm bitchy and trying like hell to not get depressed. It is a struggle.

Kami slept under the covers for much of the night but I wasn't able to sleep. Too late I realized I skipped the trazadone so I didn't take it until about 3 in the morning.I had to get up to see the orthotics folks in Pinehurst so I pretty much dozed along with tossing and turning.

I tried to volunteer to assist with the boy scouts and their fly fishing merit badge in another week and a half. It turned out that I had to also do a volunteer application within the software used to register and keep tabs on time. Once I got that then all I got was a "pending" status. I still need to record my 3 hours from over the weekend in the orientation class. And I'm running on a very short fuse.

I tried to refill my percocet....the script was originally called in at the end of November and I've only gotten one refill from it, yet Walgreens claims there are no refills remaining. All in all, it has not been a very good day for me. I'm tired and way past being grumpy.

I guess there was a get together for the volunteers this evening but I couldn't register for it. Plus even though it was listed as being at the ed center it is actually at the Mash House. Anything there I won't go to, right now I'm susceptible to grabbing a beer, then another, and another....nope...I avoid temptation as much as I can.

I got two bluebird boxes today. I'm going to put them up tomorrow on poles. I'll go get some conduit clamps and clamp them down. I also need to have something to keep snakes from slithering up the poles...I'm not sure the baffles would work plus they probably aren't inexpensive. If I could shoot staples through something that I could then anchor on the poles, that could work...wrapping barbed wire around might work too but I don't have any. I'll let my brain work on it while I'm asleep.

Kami is laying along side me asleep...I hope that doesn't mean she'll be up all night bouncing around. I received the "classroom in a Book" for Illustrator today so I'm hoping to study that a bit tonight. Some woman in Ontario pretty much ruined my decal project for me...she came out with her version of the healing waters logo...it isn't correct so I'll still end up doing it. The hard part is to get it all laid out on the transfer tape with the various pieces properly aligned. And to make it for general consumption may be beyond the scope of people's abilities.

The orthotics people took impressions of my feet, they figured about 3 weeks until the insert would be done...and then they will have to customize it. I was hoping to go out and walk today but the right foot is still burning. I'll use a lidocaine patch on it tomorrow and use moleskin on the left foot. I'll take Kassi out to see how things go and plan on Kara on Thursday.

Tomorrow night I have the plastics rigging for bass class, then Thursday night will be fly tying. Nathaniel says he'll be the one teaching it. It should be another of the clouser minnow which I struggled with before...but I watched Charlie Craven tie it and it is actually pretty simple. The other is a shad of some type...neither of the flies would be anything I would use around here...I'm not sure they fully understand who their intended audience is. Not everyone can pick up and drive 3+ hours minimum for trout waters...and pretty much the same for salt water. They should be focusing on what might attract the warm water species, crappie, bluegill, bass, pumpkin seeds...but none of them are active yet, still too cool.

Oh well, hopefully my mood will be better tomorrow but I'm about to load up on pills again so it's doubtful. Kami keeps jerking in her sleep, it must be some interesting dreams she's having. I wonder what cats actually dream about.

I need to measure the desk in the fly room. Bood got a shoe rack because she didn't like seeing my shoes on the floor. They were all lined up along the wall though instead of being scattered around the living room. But, I could use something like that for my bins storage for the fly tying materials. The one she got is about 4 feet across, I don't think the desk is that wide...but I could put a board across if needed. There is 4 feet going all the way to the wall. I'll try to remember to measure the next time I get up to pee.

This hasn't been a real interesting blog...but it is what it is...

That's a wrap.


© Copyright 2024 Tim (UN: tapiot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tim has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064538-022024