*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064758-I-Got-New-Shoes
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2265788
Just a journal for my Keto experience and fitness journey.
#1064758 added February 23, 2024 at 9:46pm
Restrictions: None
I Got New Shoes!
Never mind the title, it's true and I'll cover that later, but for now, it's Friday, things are going well, and tomorrow is measure day.

My ankle is feeling better, but I still think there's something amiss with it, since it's been hurting for some time now, even before twisting it. I'm not sure if it would be best to see the MD, or the Chiropractor, but I have time to think about it while I wait for insurance.

My wife has passed her tests and goes in Monday morning to discuss what shift she wants and to fill out paperwork, etc... So we are hoping to get insurance again soon.

As for the "New Shoes" thing, it's a long story, but in summary, I was approached by a person I didn't know, who began telling me all sorts of semi-private things in conversation. After a bit he stopped and asked, "So, what's new with you?"

Not knowing the person and a bit agitated by the intimacy of the conversation, I pointed down at my feet and said,"I got new shoes". Then I turned and left.

But I did go out and buy a new pair of hiking shoes today and we took the dogs out for a mile hike. It was an easy to moderate trail, so a good opportunity to try out the new hiking shoes and to see how my ankle would hold up. I also wore an ankle brace for added support, and the hike was fine. Winter has re-arrived, so the cold north wind had a bite, but the sunshine was nice, and the dogs loved getting to run free through some grasslands.

2023 Quill Nominee.
A proud member of "WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.

© Copyright 2024 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064758-I-Got-New-Shoes