*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
16
17
18
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064827-Soundtrack-of-Your-Life-Entry-25-Im-Still-Standing
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2264475
Random Writing, Blogs and Adventures
#1064827 added February 25, 2024 at 12:50am
Restrictions: None
Soundtrack of Your Life Entry #25 I'm Still Standing
Day 25 of "The Soundtrack of Your Life challenge. *Smile*

We are in the last leg of this challenge 5 more songs to go. *Smile*

The next song up is
I'm Still Standing by Elton John




This is an amazing song. It is a great rock number. The drums really bring the song really sell this a nice percussive beat adding a little staccato to it. The piano part can't be overlooked as well. *Wink* Elton John has released a lot of good songs over his career but this is one of his best ones. It is catchy and easy to dance to and it has a really positive message. I connect with songs where singers keep going in the face of a struggle and this song epitomizes that. The chorus "I'm still standing better than I ever did, feeling like a true survivor" makes me feel stronger listening to it.

The version of the Song being used in the video I posted is from the movie "Sing" with Taran Egerton performing the vocals. If you've seen the movie, this song was used for a very dramatic moment where a son's singing manages to connect him with his estranged father. I would have embedded the movie scene here but wanted to post the song uninterrupted as there are moments when the characters in talk through the song. (Movie version can be found here for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETC85CgzTHM) Instead I used an amv (anime music video) for the embedded version . The anime used in this one is Fairy Tail which really fit in with the song as well. The video's maker did a great job of syncing the anime used to the song making it look like Fairy Tail's protagonist Natsu was lip syncing along to the lyrics of the song. I particularly love the part with Natsu singing along to the "Yeah Yeah Yeah" segment.

More songs still to come. *Smile*

-*ChessRookB*

a signature image

© Copyright 2024 KingsSideCastle (UN: kingscastle1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KingsSideCastle has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1064827-Soundtrack-of-Your-Life-Entry-25-Im-Still-Standing