*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065153
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #2313422
My book for Alice In Wonderland Going Down The Rabbit Hole Again.
#1065153 added February 28, 2024 at 3:39pm
Restrictions: None
A. Down The Rabbit Hole 3.The Golden Key
A. Down The Rabbit Hole 3. The Golden Key
You've come across a key that unlocks anything. Write a poem or a short story about this most fascinating item in your possession.

I found this pretty, fascinating golden key out in my garage.
Wow. I had never seen it before. It started to float in the air.
I don't drink or do drugs. This had to be a joke or some kind of mirage.
The sun shined through the window and the key let off a blinding glare.

What did this key fit into? The key told me to go to my lock box.
We had our house deed, birth certificates and documents that we saved.
I took the key and heard something scratched my leg. It was a orange fox!
What do you want? The fox curled up by my leg and said, you need to be brave.

I took the key inside the house, opened the cabinet and got the locked box.
Do I dare? The key was dancing now and floating. It was driving me crazy now.
I grabbed the key. I picked up the box and I unlocked it. There is that fox.
Okay. Enough already. Our marriage license. House deed. I heard a loud meow.

Back to the box. Birth certificates. A gold locket. I never saw that before.
I slowly opened the locket. A picture of me and my father when I was age two.
I don't remember this. Dad and I never took a picture together. Shook me to the core.
Dad died a few months back. The picture was so neat. I remember. We were at the zoo.

I looked further inside the box. A letter addressed to me. It is definitely from Dad.
He told me he was sorry we weren't close because he had been in the Air Force.
He had bought this locket for me and he had always loved me. I read this and was glad.
The key came from China when he flew gunships in Vietnam. It could open anything of course.

A magic key. I went outside and unlocked the pole barn door. It opened up. No sweat.
I had lost my key to the vault uptown. I went to the bank, the key turned into a bank key.
No problems. I looked over my jewelry I had locked up. I even found a million dollars!
This wasn't my money but it was now thanks to this beautiful key and my father.

I took the money home and bought a vault to hide it in. I won't spend the money on me.
The key. I carried the key with me everywhere. I got locked out of my house once.
A gift from my father. I wore the locket. I felt close to Dad. A better world I see.
Life was better for me. I only used the money as needed. I didn't do any dumb stunts.

The key is always with me. I never know when I will need it. I don't need to unlock anything.
I am content. I have everything I need. I put the key in a special, small hidden coin purse.
I have good luck. I feel the key has bought others luck as well. People around me dance and sing.
A key from China. Maybe we can have world peace. I wish I had this key when I was nurse.

32 Lines






© Copyright 2024 Princess Megan Rose 22 Years (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose 22 Years has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065153