*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065180
by Rhyssa
Rated: 18+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2314580
Another journey in Wonderland
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1065180 added February 28, 2024 at 8:07pm
Restrictions: None
A1: Follow the White Rabbit
Write about your participation in this project/activity, and what you hope to gain from it once finished. (<500 words)

Once upon a time, a friend of mine imagined a tour through Wonderland. She advertised it well, and it caught at my brain and made my fingers itch to follow her through the twists and turns of the landscape, following Cheshire Cats and Jabberocks into some fever dream that I could only experience not imagine, never knowing if I'd make it away safely again.

And so I signed up for the tour, and finished and was happy. And the next year, I followed her again, this time knowing a bit more about what would happen, and still I was surprised as I finished.

I like surprises.

And again the tour came, and this time, although I tried, real life invaded and before I knew what was happening, the tour was done and I was lost somewhere in the middle, bewildered and frustrated that my mind hadn't been able enough keep up the pace. And I didn't like the feeling, although I had found some good thoughts along the way.

And so, when she called again, this time, I answered with some trepidation. I'm not sure how much time and energy are my lot. I'm not sure if I will get ill again or if I will get distracted by some knitting project that guides me down some different, more watery path (next month, a make-a-long is planned, based on watery creatures . . . and I am so tempted) but I'm going to try my best to finish again.

And I will chase some white rabbit off into the end, and maybe happy ever after.

Word count: 265

© Copyright 2024 Rhyssa (UN: sadilou at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rhyssa has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065180