*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065211
by Rhyssa
Rated: 18+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2314580
Another journey in Wonderland
#1065211 added February 29, 2024 at 2:05am
Restrictions: None
A4: Shutting Up Like a Telescope
A new planet has just been discovered...by you! Describe this planet, its inhabitants, and what life would be like over there. Be careful now, as Dinah the Cat must approve. (<1000 words)

I was looking through my telescope, when I thought I saw something odd just in the center of the three brightest stars in my February sky. I put on my good glasses, and suddenly, I saw it.

A planet. Green seas under a violet sky, and plants that make me remember all the strangest shapes of the desert and the sea, but big. No leaves, but spines and ridges and thorns shining under a whiter sun than ours. So much life. Tiny creatures race and scurry out of holes in the ground just long enough to find food and race away—no real fur that I can see, but colors and speed and teeth.

Flying creatures without feathers rule the skies. I think they are dragons, whites and golds, reds and greens, so many colors. They meet in the sky for a moment and then dance away towards their homes—mountain tops and valleys, crags and caves. One bright blue dragon stretches out against the copper beach. I wish I could tell how long the beach was, but he fills it to overflowing.

I see houses and castles as well, but they are small, hidden in the shadows, and I can't see the inhabitants because I'm so far away.

At the top of a mountain, I see something shine. I focus, and see a telescope and an eye, blue like mine,
staring back. Just as curious as I am at who we are and who we could possibly be together.

Word count: 248

© Copyright 2024 Rhyssa (UN: sadilou at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rhyssa has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065211