*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065214
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2313223
My Wonderland adventures are kept here...
#1065214 added February 29, 2024 at 5:25am
Restrictions: None
[C-2] The Caucus-race and a Long Tale :: The Dodo
C. The Caucus-race and a Long Tale
The Dodo

A caucus race has been suggested, where everyone has to run around in circles with no clear winner. Create a blog entry (or static item) where you are in such a race with ten other participants. Who are these fine folks and why would you put them in this meaningless race? (<1000 words)



The Existential Hamster Wheel of Wonder


The absurdity hung in the air like a mischievous grin, a potent mix of nervous excitement and the vague whiff of overworked lizard. Schnujo is Late to Lannister, ever the intrepid wanderer, scanned the horizon as if spotting distant pyramids just over that hill, instead of mindlessly circling the same patch of grass. Choconut, a blur of cocoa-fueled determination, could probably power a small city with the sheer energy she exerted, leaving a tempting trail of discarded chocolate coins in her wake.

Gaby ~ Quiet contemplation surveyed her pastry forces with the focus of a conquering queen, occasionally pausing to mourn a casualty that inevitably ended up squashed underfoot (and, let's be honest, probably tasted delicious). Elycia Lee ☮, bless her innocent heart, trailed around me with a dreamy sigh, mistaking my frantic glances for a princess lost in gentle reverie. I didn't have the heart to correct her – her enthusiasm was far too pure to shatter.

Meanwhile, Jayne and Jeff's friendly rivalry took on a whole new level in the dragon growth arena. Were those oversized iguanas with cardboard wings truly apex predators, or merely bored reptiles tolerating this nonsense for the promise of fancy snacks? The debate raged even as their "dragons" contemplated escape routes with shifty eyes. iKïyå§ama was in her element, a cyclone of tea parties, missing white rabbits, and declarations of imminent beheadings for any dandelion that dared defy her rule.

🌸 pwheeler - love joy peace, ever the beacon of optimism, transformed her usual motivational slogans into a manifesto embracing the sublime beauty of the pointless. "Habit Heroes, spin into the void of purpose! Dance with the absurdity!" she boomed, her voice echoing across the now slightly trampled field. The The StoryMistress, a portrait of controlled professional despair, scribbled madly, her eyes darting between the unfolding chaos and the rapidly approaching deadline for this utterly bizarre Merit badge and Awardicons commission.

And amidst it all was the The StoryMaster, our tech wizard. His circles were a marvel of precision, a programmer's ballet with an undercurrent of quiet existential pondering. Was he calculating escape trajectories from this race, or perhaps the hidden formula for finding meaning in the dizzying spin?

"Ready, set...spin!" yelled the The StoryMistress, her voice was a mix of amusement and a hint of existential exhaustion.

What followed was a glorious blur. Schnujo is Late to Lannister, true to form, took the occasional "exploratory detour", marveling at the texture of a particularly intriguing rock, or engaging a ladybug in a philosophical debate. Choconut's sugar-fueled crusade morphed into a kind of chocolate-smeared marathon, a proof to the power of processed sugar for sustained circular motion. Gaby ~ Quiet contemplation issued commands with increasing desperation, her pastry dragons showing concerning signs of disarray. Were those battle cries, or were they cries for more frosting?

Elycia Lee ☮, still under the delightful misconception of my gender, curtsied to every passing bee, treating them as visiting dignitaries to my invisible court. Her imagined gown shimmered in the sunlight, attracting a squadron of mildly confused bumblebees. Jayne and Jeff's squabble reached new heights (or perhaps that was their poor iguanas being held aloft to 'achieve superior airspeed'). iKïyå§ama vanished down a conceptual rabbit hole, only to emerge shouting about missing clocks and very tardy tea guests.

Through it all, 🌸 pwheeler - love joy peace's voice boomed with a kind of joyful defiance of logic, while the The StoryMistress's pen raced across the page, creating a chronicle both hilarious and hauntingly profound. The The StoryMaster remained in his trance of coded circles, the embodiment of unwavering focus amidst the glorious nonsense.

As the sun dipped low, casting long shadows across the field, the whistle finally brought a merciful end to the glorious absurdity. Exhausted, sweaty, and oddly enlightened, we collapsed in a heap.

"And the glorious thing is…" the The StoryMistress paused, searching for the right words, "Everyone's a winner! Because in this delightful exercise in embracing the nonsensical, we've all learned something extraordinary."

Why do this? Because sometimes, in a world obsessed with goals, quantifiable metrics, and being a productive member of society, you need to laugh at the absurdity, run until you're dizzy, and find a strange liberation in knowing that sometimes, the most meaningful journey is the one that brings you straight back to where you started.




WORD COUNT:
696 Words




Merit Badge in Reviewing
[Click For More Info]

Ranked # 29   Public Reviewer  for the month of  February 2023 . For more details, please see  [Link To Item #614925] .
Birthday CNote with Special Greeting Banner

GERVIC 🐉 WDC Dragon Vale
I am an author @ Writing.com!
http://www.Writing.Com/main/my_account.php?rfrid=gervic


Proud member of:

"WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group
"Showering Acts of Joy Group
"RAOK Upgrade Brigade Group
"SIMPLY POSITIVE GROUP
"Contest Central Station
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2024 GERVIC 🐉 WDC Dragon Vale (UN: gervic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
GERVIC 🐉 WDC Dragon Vale has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065214