*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065272-A-Big-Leap
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest · #2268413
A place to keep my entries for various contests and challenges
#1065272 added February 29, 2024 at 6:50pm
Restrictions: None
A Big Leap
Write a blog entries about what you're leaping for or over or about or into or whatever.

I thought about bliting something I'm leaping over, like the piles Andre sometimes leaves on the floor of the bathroom if all the stalls are filled. But, that's neither here nor there; well it's there, but we deal with it. I do strongly suggest that nobody wears flip-flops in the bathroom.

So, then what am I leaping for?

I have taken a big leap into health improvement; my own. The rest of you do what you think best. I started Keto again, after a year off because it did wonders the last time. I felt better, I had more energy, I was sleeping better, and I lost weight.

Now, I've loped back into Keto, and my wife and I have started hiking a few times a week, as the weather permits. This February has been more like spring most days, so we drive over to Maplewood State Park and hike some of the trails. At first, being pretty out of shape, it was a half mile hike out and then back. Now we are doing about two miles (except for the day we missed a trail and ended up doing almost six).

I have also started wearying my hiking pack with some essentials in it and extra water, so currently I'm doing a couple of miles of moderate hiking with a ten pound pack. In time, the distance and the weight will increase.

This isn't something new, some years back we used to hike in and camp, sometimes going five or more miles with a thirty pound pack with no problems. The longest was a twelve mile hike with about twenty pounds on my back, but that was pushing it.

2023 Quill Nominee.
A proud member of "WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group

"Reading soothes the soul, writing sets it free." T.J.

© Copyright 2024 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065272-A-Big-Leap