*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065351
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2313223
My Wonderland adventures are kept here...
#1065351 added March 1, 2024 at 10:55pm
Restrictions: None
[E-1] Pig and Pepper :: Invitation for the Duchess
E. Pig and Pepper
Invitation for the Duchess

There's a grand event taking place in a fictional land of your choice. Create an invitation worth salivating over.



Front of the Invitation
(Shimmering golden script dances across parchment the color of twilight:)

To the Seeker of Wonders and Chronicler of the Extraordinary,

Inside the Invitation
(The parchment unfurls, revealing a vibrant, swirling illustration of a fantastical landscape:)

Your heart, ever restless for the whispers of magic, has guided your quill and your footsteps to a threshold unseen by ordinary eyes. Wonderland, realm of the impossible made real, beckons.

A hidden path awaits, a trail only the truly curious may find. Seek it where the familiar world blurs, and let the echoes of adventure be your guide.

The Grand Curiosity Ball, an enchantment unlike any other, shall commence upon the turning of the moon. Prepare yourself, for a night where dreams outshine the stars.



Practical Details (in a smaller, elegant font at the bottom)

         *Datejan1* Date: March 1, 2024
         *Hourglass* Time: When shadows dance and twilight lingers
         *Mask3* Attire: Let your truest spirit shine forth, for Wonderland sees past pretense.

         P.S. Follow your instincts. They never steer you wrong.



 



Wonder SoirΓ©e Invitation
A story response of this prompt


The scent of old parchment and freshly ground ink filled the air as Gervic's pen danced across the page. His study was a haven, a jumble of maps, unidentifiable artifacts, and worn leather journals overflowing with accounts of his expeditions – quests to decipher whispered legends and seek out echoes of lost magic. The world scoffed at his pursuits, but for Gervic, the thrill wasn't in the treasure itself, but the whisper of the extraordinary just beyond the veil of the ordinary.

A sharp rap against the windowpane made him jump. A bird, unlike any he'd cataloged in his numerous field guides, perched on the ledge. Its feathers shimmered with hues of turquoise and aquamarine so vibrant they seemed to hum with a life of their own. But it was the object glinting in its beak that sent Gervic's heart into a frenzied rhythm. An envelope, not of paper, but seemingly spun from moonlight itself, shimmered with an ethereal glow. Strange, swirling script flowed across it like fireflies dancing in the dusk.

With trembling hands, he unfurled the invitation. The flowing calligraphy felt ancient yet familiar, inviting him to a realm long resigned to fairytales and children's dreams:

To Gervic, Seeker of Wonders and Chronicler of the Extraordinary,

Your heart, ever restless for the whispers of magic, has guided your quill and your footsteps to a threshold unseen by ordinary eyes. Wonderland, realm of the impossible made real, beckons.

A hidden path awaits, a trail only the truly curious may find. Seek it where the familiar world blurs, and let the echoes of adventure be your guide.

The Grand Curiosity Ball, an enchantment unlike any other, shall commence upon the turning of the moon. Prepare yourself, Gervic, for a night where dreams outshine the stars.


A date, a cryptic riddle about a moonlit oak, and a curious note followed: Attire: Let your truest spirit shine forth, for Wonderland sees past pretense.

Gervic had been scoffed at for his belief in the fantastical, labeled a daydreamer, a fool chasing shadows. Yet, this...this was an answer to an unspoken plea, a validation he'd yearned for. Magic wasn't extinct; it had simply retreated, waiting for those daring enough to seek it out. The days that followed were a whirlwind – maps abandoned, expedition gear hastily stowed, hasty notes replacing the meticulously penned records of his past adventures. As the appointed hour drew near, the edges of his familiar world seemed to fade. The mundane hum of daily life was overtaken by a vibrant shimmer, a sense that the marvelous lay just within reach.

The night hummed with expectation, the moon a luminous orb against an indigo canvas. Deep in the heart of an ancient wood, gnarled roots gave way to a carpet of phosphorescent fungi, a path of shimmering light leading him deeper into the forest's embrace. The trees themselves seemed to writhe and warp around him, branches whispering secrets in a forgotten tongue, bursts of impossible color flashing like silent fireworks. The deeper he ventured, the more his senses seemed overwhelmed by unfamiliar melodies - chirps like fractured glass, laughter like falling rain, and a low rumble that vibrated in his very bones.

Suddenly, the forest gave way to a clearing bathed in a brilliance that rivaled the moon above. It was a scene ripped straight from his most fantastical dreams. Giant teacups waltzed through the air, grinning sunflowers and scowling daisies clashed on a gargantuan chessboard, and far above, the unmistakable grin of the Cheshire Cat flickered in and out among the clouds. It was chaotic, whimsical, and more exhilarating than any ruin or lost city he'd ever explored.

A figure emerged from the dazzling scene, a woman with laughter lines etched around sparkling eyes and wings spun from starlight itself. "Gervic," she greeted him, her voice like spiced honey, "Welcome! We've waited for one such as you."

The invitation hadn't lied. This was no mere celebration; it was an initiation into a world where the impossible was commonplace. That night, Gervic feasted on starlit ambrosia, traded riddles with a grumpy talking doorknob, learned the rules of flamingo croquet (a highly spirited and dangerous affair), and danced with creatures spun from moonlight.

As the first streaks of dawn kissed the horizon, the bell chimed, its echo unraveling the magic in a glorious cascade of shimmering stardust. He awoke in his familiar study, the unfinished letter on his desk, the impossible invitation little more than a fading memory. Yet, his eyes held a fire they never had before. He was one of the few, a keeper of secrets, a witness to the marvelous that lay hidden within the fabric of the ordinary. After all, wasn't the greatest adventure the belief that magic, in some form or the other, was out there waiting to be found?





Merit Badge in AIR
[Click For More Info]

Congratulations on your new merit badge! Thank you for supporting the Writing.Com community with your inspirations, participation and activities. We sincerely appreciate it! -SMs
Birthday CNote with Special Greeting Banner

GERVIC πŸ‰ WDC Dragon Vale
I am an author @ Writing.com!
http://www.Writing.Com/main/my_account.php?rfrid=gervic


Proud member of:

"WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group
"Showering Acts of Joy Group
"RAOK Upgrade Brigade Group
"SIMPLY POSITIVE GROUP
"Contest Central Station
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2024 GERVIC πŸ‰ WDC Dragon Vale (UN: gervic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
GERVIC πŸ‰ WDC Dragon Vale has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065351