*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065448
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2313223
My Wonderland adventures are kept here...
#1065448 added March 3, 2024 at 1:10am
Restrictions: None
[F-3] A Mad Tea-Party :: The March Hare
F. A Mad Tea-Party
The March Hare

It's always tea time! Create a ‘word search’ using familiar tea-time accessories. Don’t forget the sugar!


 The March Hare :: Tea Time Word Search  (E)
A word search made for Wonderland
#2315311 by GERVIC 🐉 WDC Dragon Vale



and a short story for this prompt...


Wonderland Tea Party


Gervic was beginning to suspect that the rules of time and sense were mere suggestions in Wonderland. The sun, a perpetual golden disc, seemed frozen in a pleasant late afternoon state. He'd long surrendered to the logic-bending reality of this place– a reality where teapots sprouted legs and skittered into flowerbeds, and the White Rabbit was forever on the verge of a nervous breakdown. There was a peculiar freedom in embracing the delightful chaos of Wonderland.

"Perhaps another drop of honey, my dear boy?" chirped the Mad Hatter, tilting his precariously balanced hat. Gervic blinked. A teapot with a disgruntled frown and a honey jar buzzing about on paper wings– just another day in Wonderland, he supposed. With a grin, he accepted another cup, the scent of wildflowers and a hint of cinnamon warming his senses. This wasn't tea as he knew it, but it was certainly an adventure for his tastebuds.

The conversation around him flowed as whimsically nonsensical as the milk pouring from the spotted blue pitcher. The Dormouse, eyes barely open, babbled of marzipan seas and flamingo-shaped sailboats. The March Hare recounted a breathless tale involving a cheese-obsessed raven, a ticking crocodile with a penchant for mischief, and a great deal of narrowly avoided mayhem. The White Rabbit muttered nervously about mislaid pocket watches and the unfortunate consequences of incurring the Queen's displeasure. Gervic couldn't help but laugh; it was the most extraordinary teatime he'd ever experienced.

Just when it seemed things couldn't get any more curious, a flash of electric blue distracted him. Perched atop a towering stack of chocolate cakes, grinning almost impossibly wide, was the Cheshire Cat. Gervic watched, bemused, as the cat licked a paw with exaggerated care, then vanished into a swirl of color, leaving behind just a lingering smile suspended in the air.

A flurry of excitement rippled through the air. "The culminating event!" proclaimed the White Rabbit, whiskers twitching. "A splendid exercise to ignite those tea-soaked brains, don't you know?"

A large sheet draped over the sprawling table. Letters, twisting and turning, created a mesmerizing labyrinth of words. Gervic found himself drawn into the challenge, the familiar patterns of words like 'MUG' and 'SUGAR' offering anchor points within the chaos. All around him, his companions hummed with anticipation. The Dormouse pointed a triumphant paw, declaring the discovery of 'JAM', while the Mad Hatter, perched perilously on a stool, shrieked with glee upon unearthing 'CHOCOLATE.'

Words emerged one by one - 'SAUCER', 'COZY', 'LEAVES'. The energy of the group was infectious, fueled by the thrill of uncovering hidden treasures within the puzzle. Finally, even the elusive 'VANILLA' revealed itself. A collective sigh of satisfaction echoed around the table as the last word was triumphantly found. The frenetic energy of the tea party ebbed away, replaced by a warm sense of accomplishment. For a fleeting moment, the nonsensical world of Wonderland felt almost...understandable.

As the golden afternoon began to fade into a gentle twilight, familiar warmth radiated from the March Hare, who sipped his tea with a sleepy contentment. The Mad Hatter hummed a disjointed tune, the teapot beside him emitting a soft sigh. Even the White Rabbit seemed to momentarily shed his anxieties, his gaze following the swirling shapes of the clouds.

Suddenly, a flicker of blue in the branches drew Gervic's attention. The Cheshire Cat's grin flickered into view, beckoning him onwards. With a joyful jolt, Gervic realized his adventure wasn't over, not by a long shot. He exchanged a knowing grin with his Wonderland friends and followed. This place, he now understood, was a realm of delightful returns, a land he would find himself drawn back to time and time again. Perhaps, he dared to think, Wonderland wasn't a destination you sought, but a place you stumbled upon when your heart craved a dose of delightfully impossible magic.




WORD COUNT:
638 Words











Merit Badge in Finance
[Click For More Info]

Thank you for the generous donation to  [Link To Item #polar]  *^*Starg*^* Your support is very much appreciated. Shine on! *^*Bigsmile*^*
Dragon Animated

GERVIC 🐉 WDC Dragon Vale
I am an author @ Writing.com!
http://www.Writing.Com/main/my_account.php?rfrid=gervic


Proud member of:

"WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group
"Showering Acts of Joy Group
"RAOK Upgrade Brigade Group
"SIMPLY POSITIVE GROUP
"Contest Central Station
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2024 GERVIC 🐉 WDC Dragon Vale (UN: gervic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
GERVIC 🐉 WDC Dragon Vale has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065448