*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065585
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2313223
My Wonderland adventures are kept here...
#1065585 added March 5, 2024 at 8:17am
Restrictions: None
[G-1] The Queens Croquet Ground :: Off With Your Head!
G. The Queens Croquet Ground
Off With Your Head!

Create a blog entry (or static item) detailing an event that made you incredibly angry/frustrated. (<1000 words)



The Night My Trust Was Shattered



There's a specific kind of rage that burrows deep into your soul, a white-hot ember that burns alongside a crushing wave of disbelief. That's exactly what I felt the night I discovered my ex-boyfriend, Reymart, was cheating on me.

It was an ordinary evening. The hum of the air conditioner lulled me into a mindless scroll through social media while Reymart slept soundly beside me. A notification on his phone shattered the quiet. One message, then another, each insistent buzz chipping away at my tranquility. Curiosity, a flickering flame, ignited within me. Who could be texting him so late?

Hesitantly, I dredged my memory, recalling a glimpse of the passcode he'd entered earlier that day. My heart hammered against my ribs as I typed in the numbers, a strange cocktail of hope and dread swirling in my gut. The phone unlocked on the first try. The breath caught in my throat, a cold dread settling over me.

The messages were a sickeningly sweet exchange between Reymart and an unknown number. A week's worth of conversations unfolded before my eyes, filled with cutesy pet names and plans for clandestine meetings. Each message felt like a hammer blow, shattering the illusion of our relationship. The comfortable reality I'd built with Reymart crumbled beneath my fingertips, replaced by a cold, hard truth.

Tears streamed down my face as the weight of the situation slammed into me. Reymart stirred beside me, startled by my sobs. The look of surprise on his face morphed into a mask of panic as he saw his phone in my hand. His denial was desperate, a flimsy excuse about a "concerned cousin" that rang hollow in the face of the blatant evidence.

Numbly, I dialed the unknown number. A man's voice answered, laced with apology as he learned about my relationship with Reymart. The confirmation, delivered by a stranger, felt surreal. A sliver of relief pierced the white-hot anger, but the betrayal still burned bright.

The night devolved into a storm of accusations and justifications. The air crackled with the raw energy of my hurt and his desperate pleas. He stormed out, leaving me in a tangled mess of emotions โ€“ hurt, angry, and strangely, worried about him venturing out into the night.

Hours ticked by, each one stretching into an eternity. Just when I resigned myself to a sleepless night, he reappeared, tears glistening in his eyes. He begged for forgiveness, his voice thick with remorse. Love, blind and foolish at the time, convinced me to give him another chance.

He promised to change, swore it was a one-time lapse in judgment. We tried to rebuild the trust he'd shattered, brick by fragile brick. For a while, things seemedโ€ฆ different. There was a newfound attentiveness on his part, but a subtle shift had occurred. The foundation of our relationship, once solid, now bore the invisible scars of his betrayal.

That night, the night my trust was shattered, Reymarted a turning point. Our relationship, though seemingly stronger on the surface, never fully recovered. The embers of doubt remained, a constant reminder of the fault lines that ran beneath the surface. But that, as they say, is a story for another day.




WORD COUNT:
532 Words







Merit Badge in Visit WdC 7
[Click For More Info]

Awarded for  visiting the site every day for a week . This badge can be earned over and over again.  Each of these badges adds one (1) Community Recognition!
Cnotes for all occasions banner.

GERVIC ๐Ÿ‰ WDC Dragon Vale
I am an author @ Writing.com!
http://www.Writing.Com/main/my_account.php?rfrid=gervic


Proud member of:

"WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group
"Showering Acts of Joy Group
"RAOK Upgrade Brigade Group
"SIMPLY POSITIVE GROUP
"Contest Central Station
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2024 GERVIC ๐Ÿ‰ WDC Dragon Vale (UN: gervic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
GERVIC ๐Ÿ‰ WDC Dragon Vale has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065585