*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065822
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2313223
My Wonderland adventures are kept here...
#1065822 added March 7, 2024 at 9:54pm
Restrictions: None
[I-1] Alice's Evidence :: The Jury
I. Alice's Evidence
The Jury

Create twelve unique characters to fill a jury box. These characters will be witnessing your trial of being accused of stealing the Queen’s tarts. So, choose wisely. (<1000 words).




The Jury

Beatrice Buttercrust:
A retired baker with a nose for sniffing out a lie, and a sweet tooth that could rival royalty.

Nigel Crumbleton:
A tweed-clad historian, obsessed with tradition and royal etiquette. He's convinced guilt lies in your lack of respect for pastry protocols.

Fiona Fitzsimmons:
A fiery Irish street vendor, accustomed to the hustle. If you didn't make the tarts, she wants to know who's selling them on her corner.

Professor Plumwood:
Absent-minded and focused on abstract logic, he’s more interested in the philosophical implications of a missing tart than your actual guilt.

Madame Fleur Dubois:
A flamboyant French fashionista. More concerned with your outfit's clash with your alleged crime than the evidence.

Hector "Hammer" Rodriguez:
A retired boxer, jury duty is the closest he gets to a good fight these days. He's looking for a knockout confession.

Rajesh Patel:
Calm, methodical doctor. He’s interested in your sugar levels – did a craving lead to the crime?

Lily Zhang:
Bright-eyed tech whiz with an app for everything. She’s already crowdsourcing the audience for verdicts on social media.

Chester Barnaby:
Grumpy, old farmer. He thinks trials are a waste of time, he’s got potatoes to harvest. Secretly has a soft spot for a good pie, though.

Agatha Smythe:
Classic mystery buff, scribbling everything down in a worn notebook. She’s convinced there’s a poisoned-jam twist she hasn't uncovered yet.

Guillermo Castillo:
A romantic artist. He sees your alleged obsession with tarts as a metaphor for a yearning, unfulfilled soul.

Sister Mary Catherine:
A kind nun. She's less interested in your guilt than in getting you a good meal and a warm bed if you're found innocent.



The Trial of the Stolen Tarts

The courtroom was grand, all polished wood and stern portraits of judges in frilly wigs. It was intimidating, even more so when my eyes landed on the jury. It might as well have been a zoo exhibit – such an odd assortment of humanity I'd never laid eyes on!

Nigel Crumbleton, looking like he'd been starched along with his tweed suit, harrumphed. "Order! The prosecution may begin."

The barrister leaped up with an energy that seemed fueled by powdered sugar. "Members of the jury, this...this pastry fiend," he pointed at me with a trembling finger, "was last seen skulking near the royal kitchens. An obsession with baked goods is undeniable!"

"Were the tarts... wild raspberry?" Beatrice Buttercrust interrupted. The barrister blinked, taken aback. Her eyes, the color of melted chocolate, held a dangerous glint.

Madame Dubois, every inch of her adorned with feathers, scoffed. "Raspberry?! So gauche. Were I a thief, I would aim for nothing less than passionfruit and lime curd, a flavor to match the daring of the crime!"

An abstract argument erupted between Plumwood and Hammer, with words like "probability" and "uppercut" flying. I wasn't sure if they were even on the same trial anymore.

Rajesh Patel, bless him, looked more concerned than accusatory. "A sudden influx of sugar... jitters, rapid eye movements. Do you exhibit any of these symptoms?"

Honestly, being in front of a jury made me nervous enough to eat a whole tray of stolen tarts. I stammered, earning a disappointed headshake from Dr. Patel.

Fiona Fitzsimmons wasn't having any of it. "C'mon now, love, did ya pinch them or not? I got a stall waitin'!" Her accent was as thick as molasses.

The chaos amplified. The barrister brandished a half-eaten napkin, allegedly found near my house. Chester Barnaby promptly fell asleep, snoring loud enough to drown out the word 'alibi'. Lily Zhang was typing furiously into her phone, probably starting a hashtag campaign about my guilt, or lack thereof.

Then, a meek voice rose above the din. Sister Mary Catherine, in her simple habit, said, "If the tarts brought someone joy, perhaps...perhaps that is better than them going uneaten?"

The room stilled. Even Nigel Crumbleton lowered the magnifying glass he'd been examining my shoes with. Professor Plumwood started stroking his chin, a sure sign of deep contemplation.

One by one, the jury began to stand. Hector 'Hammer' Rodriguez boomed, "Not guilty! Yer free to go!"

Beatrice Buttercrust nodded, a soft smile gracing her flour-dusted face. "And you're welcome for a proper tart tasting anytime."

Fiona winked, "Just don't get any crumbs near my stall, yeah?"

Madame Dubois looked me up and down, finally settling on a grudging, "Your hat is simply dreadful, but your spirit... intriguing."

Before I knew it, they were ushering me out, Sister Mary Catherine patting my hand and muttering something about hot tea with honey, while Agatha Smythe scribbled furiously as though trying to twist the whole affair into her next murder mystery.

The grand doors swung shut. I was free, exonerated by the strangest, most wonderful jury imaginable. Honestly, sometimes the world was stranger (and sweeter) than a stolen batch of the Queen's finest tarts.



WORD COUNT:
810 Words




Merit Badge in Reviewing
[Click For More Info]

Ranked # 29   Public Reviewer  for the month of  February 2023 . For more details, please see  [Link To Item #614925] .
Anniversary CNote 7

GERVIC 🐉 WDC Dragon Vale
I am an author @ Writing.com!
http://www.Writing.Com/main/my_account.php?rfrid=gervic


Proud member of:

"WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group
"Showering Acts of Joy Group
"RAOK Upgrade Brigade Group
"SIMPLY POSITIVE GROUP
"Contest Central Station
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2024 GERVIC 🐉 WDC Dragon Vale (UN: gervic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
GERVIC 🐉 WDC Dragon Vale has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065822