*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065874-G2--Paint-the-White-Roses-Red
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2313376
Wonderland 2024
#1065874 added March 8, 2024 at 3:05pm
Restrictions: None
G2 Paint the White Roses Red

G2 "Paint the White Roses Red" - Mistakes happen. Some beyond our control. Create a blog entry (or static item) telling of such a time(s) that has happened and what you did to rectify the situation (if any). (<1000 words)

Again, on my birthday, I got into our walk-in tub and decided to settle into the little space below the seat. It is a space just big enough for me to fit if I fold up so the water will come straight down out of the spout onto my head. I let the tub fill and soak a bit. It’s about 8 AM. I have to be at an interview for the paper at 10 AM.

So I soak for a time, all folded up, the hair is washed, my body is washed. I drain the tub. Now I have to figure out how to get out of this tub. Hmm. (I measured this space today - it’s a square about 21 inches.)

My legs are bent, the left knee is at a precarious angle. It was recently repaired. So I am cautious with it still. My left hand is pretty much of no use. I cannot bend my left wrist yet, since I broke that hand in December.

There is one handle I can access - on the right. I try to pull myself up. No dice. Hmm. The door opens in, so I cannot open that and fall out. Yep, that would be too easy a solution. My husband is out walking, he won’t be back for another hour. Hmm.


Now I am seeing myself dying in this position, someone finding me in the bottom of this tub. Naked, hair wet, bent like a pretzel. Poor traumatized EMT people. They’ll have to saw me in two to take me out. Now this gets me motivated to get out, somehow. I pray to God to help and somehow He does.

I wiggle, wiggle, wiggle around. I find a way to push and pull myself up. Strength I didn’t know I had came into my legs and finally I was up to the seat.Then I realized I could have just added water again and floated a bit. Duh…So with legs shaking like I’d just walked up a steep mountain, I exit the tub. Gracious. What a deal.

I made the interview. Hair dry, clothes on, no worries. But then I go to take a picture, and my camera is dead. The batteries… So apologies and I’ll come back later. Which I did. And got the shot.

Some days, even on your birthdays, you just want to crawl back into bed.


W/C 400




new signature 2021


2023 Quill Nominee.
Quill Finalist Logo 2022.
Quill Nominee Signature 2022

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2024 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065874-G2--Paint-the-White-Roses-Red