*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065935-G2-Paint-the-White-Roses-Red
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2313324
My Aventures in Wonderland
#1065935 added March 9, 2024 at 9:48pm
Restrictions: None
G.2. Paint the White Roses Red
Paint the White Roses Res


W/C = 282

- Mistakes happen. Some are beyond our control. Create a blog entry (or static item) telling of such a time(s) that has happened and what you did to rectify the situation (if any). (<1000 words)


When To Call It Quits


         All my life, when asked to describe myself, I'd smile and utter three words: intelligent, independent, and lively. Today, I still maintain that description, just modified a bit. Age tends to do that to a person. *Wink*

          I decided to go to the store about two years ago. I needed a pack of cigarettes. I smoked back then, but that could be told in another story. I am blind in my left eye, and driving during the day was a challenge at best. Never at night did I chance it until this one time. I also had a few too many beers. I also drank then.

         The store wasn't far, four or five blocks maybe, and I made it just fine. When I tried to return home, the car wouldn't start. I was lucky enough to get a jump, and off I started. It was difficult to see with the on-coming lights. Within a few minutes, I had on-coming cars honking at me. I realized then I was driving in the wrong lane, and I couldn't see the white line to correct myself. I made it to my turn and the mobile home park. It wasn't difficult to find my house. I spent the night reflecting on "almost."

         I have quit drinking and smoking. I sold my car and gave up driving. Now when I am asked to describe myself, I smile and say intelligent, semi-independent, and alive.

© Copyright 2024 Chrys O'Shea (UN: kb6vas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chrys O'Shea has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1065935-G2-Paint-the-White-Roses-Red