*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1066051
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2313223
My Wonderland adventures are kept here...
#1066051 added March 11, 2024 at 8:57am
Restrictions: None
[B-2] The Garden of Live Flowers :: Mind Your Manners!
B. The Garden of Live Flowers
Mind Your Manners!

The Red Queen insists on Alice having manners around her. What sort of rules/manners/common courtesies would you like to see more of these days? (<500 words)



The Red Queen's tyrannical obsession with manners, however strange, serves as a potent reminder for civility in our modern interactions. Here are some courtesies that would be wonderful to see more of in our daily lives, weaving in digital etiquette and expanding on the importance of consideration and appreciation.

*Smartphone* Digital Diplomacy:

*BulletB* Silent Notifications: Transforming our phones from notification nightmares to respectful companions. Quieting alerts during meals, meetings, or social gatherings shows consideration for those around us. Imagine a world where conversations flow uninterrupted by the digital demands of the outside world!

*BulletB* Empathy in the Age of Emojis: Extending the golden rule to the digital sphere. Treating others with respect online, just as we would face-to-face, fosters a more positive and inclusive online environment. The anonymity of the internet doesn't absolve us of basic human kindness. We can communicate with a critical eye, but also with empathy and understanding.


*Compass* Consideration for Others: A Compass for Courtesy

*BulletB* Public Space Positivity: Being aware of our personal space bubble in public areas. On crowded buses, sidewalks, or in lines, a little scooting in or out can make a big difference. There's a sweet spot between confident and crowding, and it fosters a more pleasant experience for everyone.

*BulletB* Respectful Listening: The Art of Conversation: Giving someone our full attention when they speak. This means truly listening to understand, not just waiting for our turn to talk. Avoiding interruptions demonstrates respect and allows for a deeper, more meaningful conversation. It allows space for diverse perspectives and fosters a sense of connection.


*MailB* RSVP Revival: It's Not Just for Weddings Anymore

*BulletB* Prompt Replies: Responding to invitations swiftly, even if it's a decline. This allows the host to plan effectively and avoid last-minute scrambling. A simple "yes" or "no" within a reasonable timeframe shows respect for their time and effort. It demonstrates reliability and ensures that everyone's on the same page.


*Badge* Gratitude Graces: Showering Appreciation

*BulletB* Appreciation Avalanche: Making gratitude a daily habit. Expressing thanks more often, with a sincere "thank you" or even a handwritten note, brightens someone's day. A little appreciation goes a long way in strengthening relationships and fostering a more positive outlook. It can be as simple as thanking a colleague for their help or expressing gratitude to a family member for their support.

*BulletB* Acknowledging Service Workers: The Invisible Backbone Recognizing the people who keep our world running smoothly. A simple "thank you" or a smile to servers, cashiers, or anyone providing a service shows that we appreciate their efforts. These small gestures can make a big difference in their day and create a more positive atmosphere for everyone. It acknowledges their dignity and the value they bring to our lives.


By incorporating these courtesies into our daily lives, we can create a more positive and respectful world, both online and off, just like Alice learned to navigate the curious world of Wonderland.



WORD COUNT:
477 Words





Merit Badge in Dreamweaver Toast
[Click For More Info]

  Thank You So Much For All The Wonderful Work You Do On Writing.Com And In Particular The Spectacular Effort You Put Into Making The Quills So Special!!
Cnotes for all occasions banner.

GERVIC 🐉 WDC Dragon Vale
I am an author @ Writing.com!
http://www.Writing.Com/main/my_account.php?rfrid=gervic


Proud member of:

"WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group
"Showering Acts of Joy Group
"RAOK Upgrade Brigade Group
"SIMPLY POSITIVE GROUP
"Contest Central Station
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2024 GERVIC 🐉 WDC Dragon Vale (UN: gervic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
GERVIC 🐉 WDC Dragon Vale has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1066051