*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
8
9
10
11
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1066601-A-Few-Things-Needed-Doing
Rated: E · Book · Sci-fi · #2209065
A blog devoted just to my scriptwriting. That’s all I’m going to blogging about here.
#1066601 added March 19, 2024 at 11:43pm
Restrictions: None
A Few Things Needed Doing
A Few Things Needed Doing


Unfortunately, there were a few things that my brother and I had to do today before I could continue working on the new spreadsheet for my Water Wars scriptwriting project. As a result, I didn’t have too much time to work on this project today. At least not as much time as I hoped I would have to work on it.

With what little time, I did have to work on this project on continued working on my spreadsheet for it. Unfortunately, I still haven’t figured out the planning for this spreadsheet for this Movie Introduction and television series. I’m sure I can do it, though. I just don’t know how long it’s going to take to do it.

Sooner or later, I will figure out this spreadsheet. Hopefully, it will be sooner rather than later. The sooner I get it figured out, the sooner I will be ready to start writing my single sentences and paragraphs for my Act Breakdown, the Story Outline, and the Scene Outline.

Once I start writing my single sentences and paragraphs, it shouldn’t take me too long to finish this project this time. After all, I have already done most of it before. I was in the script writing stage when I had to start my scriptwriting projects all over again.

All I need to do is combine at least two scenes into one, and I have sort of already done that with my latest attempt at writing this Movie Introduction and television series. Before I was stretching two or more scenes separately to make the one hundred and eight scenes for my Parts and Episodes. It was kind of like a Daytime Drama.

Now I know I need to combine those two or more scenes into one scene so that my total scene count will be ninety instead of one hundred and eighty. That is what I have been trying to do for the last few days. Unfortunately, I haven’t done that yet. Part of that reason has been the time I didn’t have to work on it, but it’s not the only reason.

The lack of time has been a big reason why I’m not further along on this project as I should be, but the main reason why is because of my problems with this spreadsheet. Every time I think I have the solution to it, I don’t. So, what is the main problem with this spreadsheet?

I don’t like a character having the same scene number in two adjoining Acts. It’s bad enough when they are a couple of Acts away from each other, but it’s even worse when they are next to each other. Especially, when they are Act Four and the Tag Act. That’s where it happens mostly.

As with the starting of a sentence or a paragraph, I prefer two sentences or paragraphs before I use that first word again. Especially, with character names. I know it doesn’t matter to every other writer. They will use the same word over and over again. I’m not like that. I may adapt to being like most writers in some things, but not this.

It's not just because I won’t do it, but I can’t. Everyone else can use the word ‘But’ or ‘And’ to start a sentence. They usually don’t start a paragraph, but they can do that too. I can’t. I have never used the words ‘But’ or ‘And’ to start a paragraph, but I used to with my sentences. Unfortunately, I can’t do that now either.










© Copyright 2024 PureSciFi (UN: spacefaction at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
PureSciFi has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1066601-A-Few-Things-Needed-Doing