*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1066671
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #2313223
My Wonderland adventures are kept here...
#1066671 added March 21, 2024 at 8:26am
Restrictions: None
[G-1] The Lion and the Unicorn :: I Love my Love with an H
G. The Lion and the Unicorn
I Love my Love with an H

Create a character with a name that starts with the letter 'H', who lives in a world where most things revolving around him/her starts with the very same letter. These items (plus name) must be used at least ten times within your item. (<500 words) or (<40 lines)



Hervic awoke in his humble home, the scent of hay from the thatched roof mingling with the faint sweetness of honey lingering in the air. His small hamlet, nestled within the Hills of Haven, was a place of rustic charm. It was rumored that the heart of the hills housed hidden treasures guarded by the mythical Herons of the Hollows – fearsome creatures with gleaming claws and chilling cries. Yet, Hervic was more concerned with the earthy aroma of his hops and tending his hives teeming with honeybees.

Today, though, his usual chores would wait. He'd promised to help Hilda, the hamlet's resident herbalist, gather some rare ingredients. Dressed in his homespun hemp tunic and well-worn hide boots, he grabbed his hazelwood walking stick and stepped out into the crisp morning.

"Hervic! A moment, dear lad," his neighbor, Henrietta, called, her voice as warm as the hearth in her home. She thrust a woven handbag into his hands, filled to the brim with freshly baked honey cakes – his favorite.

"Thank you, Henrietta! You never cease to spoil a hungry brewer!" He grinned, snatching a cake and savoring its warm sweetness.

As he rounded the corner, Hilda's hut came into view, its walls a patchwork of dried holly sprigs and woven vines. The pungent smell of her herbal concoctions drifted out the open door, the sharp tang of horseradish cutting through the sweet scent of heather blossoms.

Hervic rapped gently on the sturdy hut door. "Hilda! It's Hervic! You about?"

A cackling laugh erupted from within. "Hervic, lad, you're not a heron, no need to announce yourself!" Hilda's voice was dry and sharp, a perfect match for her no-nonsense personality.

Inside, the air was heavy with the scent of crushed heather, hanging bundles of hyssop, and Hilda's signature brew – a hideous concoction of hemlock root she claimed was "good for the humors."

"I was hoping to trade for some of your horehound and hibiscus, Hilda," Hervic announced. "My honey ales need a touch more sweetness to balance the hops."

From the shadowed shelves emerged Hilda, her gnarled hands clutching a worn leather satchel. "Well then, honey brewer, here's your haul. Now, about those hollows..."

Hervic braced himself. Hilda had developed a harebrained notion about finding some legendary Heart's Ease flower. Problem was, it supposedly grew only near the Herons of the Hollows. The whispers of those fearsome creatures, with their gleaming claws and haunting screeches, were enough to make even his sturdy heart hammer in his chest.

Still, Hilda was not one to be denied. He adjusted his grip on his hazelwood staff and sighed, deciding there was always time to brew up a batch of extra-strong honey ale for courage, should the need arise. After all, hadn't Henrietta stocked him with enough honey cakes to last well into the evening?




DID YOU KNOW THAT, my second name Gervic is pronounced as Hervic? You might read it as Gervic (with the G sound) but it's actually Hervic. My full name is Jose Gervic (pronounced as Hozay Hervic). Me and my father share the same name. I'm his Junior, and that makes my full name JOSE GERVIC LABE, JR.

Also, you might want to check this article G pronounced as H  



WORD COUNT:
469 Words (for the story alone)




Merit Badge in Contests
[Click For More Info]

Thank you so much for being a fan of  [Link To Item #2232242] !  *^*Bighug*^*
Get Well Soon Banner

GERVIC πŸ‰ WDC Dragon Vale
I am an author @ Writing.com!
http://www.Writing.Com/main/my_account.php?rfrid=gervic


Proud member of:

"WdC SuperPower Reviewers Group
"Showering Acts of Joy Group
"RAOK Upgrade Brigade Group
"SIMPLY POSITIVE GROUP
"Contest Central Station
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2024 GERVIC πŸ‰ WDC Dragon Vale (UN: gervic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
GERVIC πŸ‰ WDC Dragon Vale has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1066671