*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1066749
by Rhyssa
Rated: 18+ · Book · Contest Entry · #2314580
Another journey in Wonderland
#1066749 added March 23, 2024 at 1:23am
Restrictions: None
C-2: Strange Creatures
You're a scientist discovering a new species that includes...? Create at least five of these such creatures; giving details including description, mode of movement, what they eat, reproduction etc.

Flutterbite: Think a mix of a butterfly and a piranha. Flutterbites are feathers and dust and black in the moonlight. They flutter as they move, and that flutter whispers a noise that when heard for a longer time, resolves into a scream of terror. They eat moonlight and tears, and reproduce whenever despair fills a night—each Flutterbite can tear itself into a million pieces that wait until the right conditions are available, and then they grow like saddened shadows in the moonlight.

Gizmo: An electronic life form created from old computer parts. The first were created by people connecting random things together, but eventually they became self perpetuating. A group of Gizmos (at least two) get together and add parts one at a time until a new one is born—thus, each Gizmo looks different. They eat electric currents and move by by magnetic pulses pulling them toward or away from each other.

Goopadeek: These are small, mushroom like creatures, standing only about six inches high and are spotted bright orange. They are mischievous, sneaking into peoples houses to tie shoelaces together and eating old socks, their major food source. They slide across the floor on a film of goo. To reproduce, they need a nest made of shoe laces and a left hand glove as an extra food source.

Walkingoak: Walkingoaks are as they sound, a species of tree that can pick up roots and move across the forest. They most often are found on the edges of clearings, as though they enjoy both the company of other trees and the light and air found outside the wood. They look like young oak trees, because when they grow larger, they are no longer mobile. They eat sunlight, water, minerals from the earth, and the blood of animals that are caught in their roots. They reproduce by shedding branches as they grow too big to be mobile, which sprout up as volunteer saplings around the bigger trees.

Whirligig: The best way to describe a Whirligig is to make reference to crystal wind chimes, lighter than air, floating and tinkling They seem to dance in the air with iridescent colors and a pleasant noise They eat sunlight and laughter, and reproduce during outdoor, sunlit parties where many people are laughing—they grow buds and split as they gain enough mass.

Word count: 387

© Copyright 2024 Rhyssa (UN: sadilou at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rhyssa has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1066749