*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
7
14
21
28
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1066963-Rainy-Days
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1066963 added March 26, 2024 at 10:29am
Restrictions: None
Rainy Days
Prompt: Rainy Days
What does the phrase "rainy days" mean to you? And what’s your favorite way to spend a rainy day?


-----------

What "rainy days" may mean to me depends on how I feel at the moment, while it rains. Of course, the phrase may also mean an unfavorable time, but in general, I like rain and, to me, there's nothing unfavorable about it. Unless, that rainy, low-cloud, darker day extends to several days consecutively, which used to happen when we lived up north. Then, it meant a bit of gloom and melancholy.

Usually, here in the south, a rainy day invites a sense of retreat, ease, and introspection. I sit outside, sometimes, in the covered part of the porch, and watch the rain make circles on the pool's surface and listen to its soothing rhythm, while I read a book there or use my pad to fool around on the internet.

A friend I know likes to experiment with new recipes and baking on a rainy day. That could be one way as the scent of freshly baked food adds to the idea of a cozy home. For me reading and writing is the most meaningful way to spend such a day. When I was younger though, I used to like to walk in the rain under my umbrella wearing my rain boots. Not anymore, as I can't afford slipping and falling.

I like rain mostly because the lack of it would mean death to everything on this planet. That threat would scare me a lot. Besides, I would so miss the pitter-patter of the raindrops on the landscape and whatever there is here on earth under the clouds.



.

© Copyright 2024 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1066963-Rainy-Days